Indo-US Fellowship for Women in STEMM (WISTEMM) 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 09-05-2019 Posted By : Admin
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF) jointly invite applications for the Indo-US Fellowship for Women in STEMM 2019 from female applicants pursuing/having a PhD degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or Medicine. The 3-6 months long fellowship has an objective to provide opportunities to female researchers to harbour their potential and capabilities and improve them. The fellows have the opportunity to avail a monthly stipend of USD 3000 and other benefits.
Indo-US Fellowship for Women in STEMM (WISTEMM) 2019
The following applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship:
- Must have a PhD degree in Basic Sciences, Engineering or Technology including Agricultural and Medical Sciences
- Should hold a regular position at any recognized academic institution/R&D institute/university/college in India
- Preference will be given to applicants having research collaborative project with any Institute/Lab in USA (but not visited there)
- Should be between 27 and 45 years of age as on 17.06.2019
Note: Applicants who have completed their PhD or DSc from abroad or applicants working on any other fellowships or applicants who already have overseas research exposure beyond the duration of 3 months in the last 5 years from the last date of submission are not eligible.
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits::
- Monthly stipend of USD 3,000
- Air Fare up to USD 2,500
- Health Insurance of up to USD 1,000
- Contingency up to USD 1,000
- Conference Allowances of up to USD 1,200
Note: The support will be for a duration of 3-6 months.
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- 2 letters of recommendation from the referees
- An acceptance letter/certificate from host institute in the US (in the prescribed format)
- A statement from the current employer (in the prescribed format)
- A scanned copy of the PhD degree completed certificate
- CV of the US host/mentor along with a list of best publications in the proposed area of work
- Proof of research work published in nationally or internationally recognized academic journals by the applicant (along with PDF upload of the two best publications)
- Resume of the applicant with a current photo (not more than 4 pages)
- A scanned copy of the proof of date of birth
Note: The acceptance letter should also include the merits/uniqueness of the host institute in the proposed area of research.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Register on the online portal to apply.
Step 2: Log in with the respective credential to access the application form.
Step 3: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 4: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 5: Submit the application.
- A selection committee is constituted to examine the proposals and give their recommendations. The selection is made on the basis of research proposals submitted by the applicant.
- The selection committee evaluates the proposals on the basis of the following:
- Credentials in terms of academic background
- Credentials of host mentor & host institute
- Value of outcome expected
- Research output in terms of publication (as applicable)
- Capacity building
- Creation of some good research groups
- The committee will eventually select the top ten candidates under the Women Overseas Fellowship modules.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants who have done their PhD or DSc from abroad are not eligible.
- Candidates currently working on any kind of fellowships are not eligible.
- Applicants already having overseas research exposure beyond the duration of 3 months in the last 5 years from the last date of submission should not apply.
- Applicants who are receiving any other overseas fellowship for a period of more than 3 months through any Government/Public funding agency during the last 5 years will not be considered for this fellowship and an undertaking to this has to be submitted by the candidate.
- The shortlisted fellows should commence their travel within 4 months from the date of the award announcement.
- No request for a waiver on any account shall be considered thereafter.
- Once the award has been made, no change in the Title of the Proposal, name of the Host Institution or Principal Investigator or Fellowship Duration shall be permitted under normal circumstances.
For more information, click here.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by May, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more