Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is inviting applications for IGIDR Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020 from PhD degree holders. The main objective of the fellowship is to support high-quality research by scholars with a doctoral degree and an outstanding academic record.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a resident and citizen of India
- Have obtained a PhD degree in the fields of Economics or Energy and Environment Policy
- Be under 40 years of age
- Have obtained at least 55% marks or equivalent in his/her Master's degree
Note: Candidates having completed a PhD thesis within last 2 year and/or working as junior faculty in educational institutions and/or have strong publication records will be given preference. Also, the candidates who have submitted their PhD thesis by 31st March 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- The selected students will get a fellowship amount of INR 70,000 per month for one year
- The fellowship can be extended to another year if the researcher's progress is satisfactory
- Working scholars/junior faculty, who will be joining the fellowship on a leave from their job and earning more than the fellowship amount, can get salary protection up to the scale of lecturer/assistant professor, subject to the discretion of the Director
- On-campus accommodation will also be provided depending on the availability
The following documents are required for application:
- Research details/synopsis of PhD thesis
- List of publications (if any)
- A proposed plan of post-doctoral work at IGIDR (not exceeding three pages)
- Writing Sample (articles/scholarly papers published in academic journals/extracts of past academic works)
- Recommendations (two)
- PhD Degree Certificate (photocopy)
- Approval from the parent institution of the candidates (if applicable)
How can you apply?
Follow the step mentioned below to apply:
Step 1: Click here to visit the application page.
Step 2: Fill in your email ID and click 'Next'.
Step 3: Fill in all the details and click "Next".
Step 5: Upload relevant documents.
Step 6: Finally submit the form.
Application deadline: 13th March 2020
The selection will be made on the basis of the quality of application, proposal and the interview which will be conducted at IGIDR.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants need to stay logged in into their Gmail account to apply.
- All documents are to be submitted in PDF format.
- Maximum file size for documents to be uploaded is 10 MB.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more