Indian Institute of Science Raman Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) invites applications for Indian Institute of Science Raman Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020 from PhD students. This fellowship is meant for motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research. The selected fellows will receive a consolidated monthly stipend of INR 1 lakh and a research grant of INR 8 lakh per year.
Indian Institute of Science Raman Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO), and foreign national
- Hold a PhD degree with first-class or equivalent in the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout
- Be less than 32 years of age at the time of applying
Note: Candidates who are expecting to submit their PhD thesis shortly may also apply but their applications will be considered only after thesis submission.
The selected fellows will receive a consolidated monthly stipend of INR 1 lakh and a research grant of INR 8 lakh per year.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proposed research plan (up to 500 words)
- PDF files of at least two and up to five important publications
- Consent letter or email from the faculty member
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click here to download the application form.
Step 2: Fill in all required details and attach all supporting documents.
Step 3: Send the completed application along with supporting documents in a single PDF to the Registrar, Indian Institute of Science at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to the chair of the department/centre in which the candidate would like to work and to the faculty member who is willing to host the candidate.
Application deadline: Throughout the year
The Institute reserves the right to screen and call only such candidates for an interview as are found suitable. Thus, just fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria would not entitle one to be selected.
Terms and Conditions
- The duration of the fellowship is two years. In exceptional cases, the duration may be extended by one more year.
- Candidates are encouraged to contact the chair of their preferred department/s for additional information.
- Candidates must first contact a faculty member in the Institute who is willing to host the candidate.
To know more, click here
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more