Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Junior Research Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is offering Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Junior Research Fellowships 2020 from students having an MSc/Integrated MSc/BS-MS/ME/MTech degree. The fellowship is meant for project titled, "Connecting Solar Interior Dynamics to Variable Solar Activity and Space Weather". The selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend of INR 31,000 plus admissible HRA.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Junior Research Fellowship 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have an MSc/Integrated MSc/ BS-MS degree(Physics, Applied Physics, Engineering Physics, Applied Mathematics, Astronomy, Electronics, Photonics, Optics), OR ME/MTech or Integrated ME/MTech degree (Applied Physics, Engineering Physics, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Photonics, Optics, Opto-Electronics, Radio Physics & Electronics) with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent grade from a recognised institution/university
- Have qualified at least one of the National Eligibility Test i.e. UGC-CSIR-NET/GATE/JEST
- Be below the age of 28 years as on 01st June 2020
Note: The candidates having experience in Python or Fortran or C programming or candidates with research experience and publication in related topics will be preferred.
The selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend of INR 31,000 per month plus admissible HRA.
- Updated CV
- Mark sheet of Class 10, 12 UG and PG
- GATE/ UGC-CSIR-NET (JRF)/JEST certificate
- Date of birth proof
- Experience and community certificates
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowships:
Step 1: Visit the link here and read the instructions before applying.
Step 2: Create an account here and log in to start a new application
Step 3: Complete the application form by providing personal, academic, work experience related details.
Step 4: Attach necessary documents and submit the application form.
Application deadline: 05th June 2020
The selection will be based on the applicant's educational qualification, experience and performance in the interview.
Terms and Conditions
- The appointment is purely temporary on contract basis and does not confer any privilege or benefit applicable to regular employment.
- No claim whatsoever for regular employment in the Institute shall be entertained.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview/appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- The candidates selected will be posted to work in IIA, Bengaluru and are liable to be posted anywhere in India as per the requirement of the Project.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro train/bus fare by the shortest route limited to second sleeper class railway fare on production of tickets.
- Candidates of Indian Nationality only can apply for this post.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- The tenure of fellowship is initially for one year. It may continue for the next two years subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate and requirement of the project.
- Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidates as notified by Government of India from time to time.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more