Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020 is a 2-years full-time research work program offered only to PhD degree holders in any of the specified discipline of the social science, who wish to seek a regular career in teaching and research. The main aim of the ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship is to empower and hold young Indian social science researchers. The selected fellows will receive INR 31,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 25,000 per annum.
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must-
- Not be more than 45 years of age at the time of application (age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability)
- Hold a PhD degree in any discipline of social science
- Affiliate to an ICSSR Research Institute/ institutes approved by MHRD/ government research institutes/ UGC recognized Indian university
- The selected fellows will receive a fellowship of INR 31,000 per month and a contingency grant is INR 25,000 per annum (for two years).
- Under Salary protection, a fellow is entitled to salary and allowances admissible at the parent institution.
- The ICSSR shall also pay the leave salary and pension contribution or contribution towards CPF and gratuity for the two years period.
- Abstract of the research proposal in about 5,000 words
How can you apply?
Follow the given steps to apply:
Step 1: Click here to apply online and register.
Step 2: Once registered, log in using the registered email id and password.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and submit the application.
Step 4 Take a print out of the application and attach all the relevant documents
Step 5: Send the hard copy of the application to the address given below
In-charge, RFS Division,
Indian Council of Social Science Research,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi 110067
Application deadline: 21st June 2020
- Applications are scrutinized and initial screening is done for eligibility and other conditions of the fellowship. Subject Group(s)/Expert Committee(s) short-list the eligible proposals for the next stage of interaction/presentation
- The shortlisted applicants are then invited for an interaction/presentation (in person or through technology) before an Expert Committee.
- After the interaction, the Expert Committee/s makes the recommendation for the award by the ICSSR.
Terms and Conditions
- The selected fellow has to work under the guidance of a senior social scientist (not below Associate Professor with sufficient research supervision, experience and publications).
- The supervisor should not be superannuated and be in employment at the affiliating institution in the same discipline as that of the applicant.
- In the case of inter-disciplinary proposals, the supervisor should have proven expertise in the area of research proposed by the scholar.
- The research proposal should be submitted either in English or Hindi.
- Regular monitoring is done bi-annually and an annual progress report in the prescribed format submitted by the scholar.
- The fellowship will be discontinued if found unsatisfactory or any rule is violated.
- During the fellowship, the scholars are required to publish at least two research papers.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more