India Science Media Fellowships 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (India Alliance) in a joint venture with Nature India invites applications for the India Science Media Fellowships 2019 from Journalists with at least 3 years of experience in writing on science or related issues. The fellowship provides the selected journalists with the opportunity to win a fellowship grant of INR 1 Lakh. The key objective of the fellowship is to enable and enrich public understanding in the field of science and other related policy issues through leads presented by stories.
India Science Media Fellowships 2019 DeadlineClosed
The following applicants are eligible for the fellowship:
- Professional journalists (including freelancers, new media, in print or broadcast in English or any Indian regional language).
- They must have at least 3 years of experience in writing on science or its related issues.
Note: The fellows choosing to write in any of the regional languages should be proficient in written English too.
A total of 5 fellows will be selected who will receive a fellowship grant of INR 1 Lakh. The fellowship covers expenses to be incurred for research, field travel, and writing/broadcasting. The selected fellows also get an opportunity to attend a 2-day orientation workshop in New Delhi, the travel and accommodation cost for which will be met by the organisers. The fellowship grant will be paid in the following way:
- First Instalment: At the commencement of the fellowship
- Second Instalment: After publishing the required number of stories.
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- Scanned copies of three published stories.
- Letter of support from the editor of a media outlet where the applicant's story will be published.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Access the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with the necessary details.
Step 3: Attach the required documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants have the following options to choose for the research stories:
- Life Sciences
- Application-based or basic biological research
- Media fellows can analyze the ongoing research in laboratories and centres of learning, scientific conferences or peer-reviewed science and elsewhere for ideas for their story during the fellowship. The possible sources and mentors of the story will be discussed during the term of the workshop.
- The fellowship is tenable for 6 months during which the fellows must mandatorily complete their submissions.
- Fellows are required to produce at least 5 stories (minimum 1000 words each) on the topics selected. Two compact and short news items (500 words each) will constitute one story.
- If a fellow chooses to generate only news stories then 10 stories will be required for finishing the fellowship. Similar guidelines will be issued for any selected radio, television or multimedia journalists.
- The selected applicants shall be notified within 15 days of submitting the application.
- The applicants are advised not to use the Internet Explorer to fill the fellowship form and only use Google Chrome for the purpose.
- Any files that are uploaded will be shared outside of the organization they belong to.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more