India Disaster Resilience Leadership Fellowship 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) and the Indian Institute of Human Settlements (IIHS) invite applications for the India Disaster Resilience Leadership Fellowship 2019 from graduates who have an interest in disaster risk and resilience. The fellowship programme aims to strengthen leadership and build the capacity of practitioners in vulnerable regions of the country,
where they can make effective contributions towards risk reduction and resilience building. The fellowship offers a full tuition fee waiver and other benefits to the selected fellows.
India Disaster Resilience Leadership Fellowship 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Have a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification in any discipline (Note: preference will be given to applicants with relevant work experience)
- Be proficient in the English language at least at a basic level
Note: Exceptional students with relevant work experience and no Bachelor's degree can apply too.
The fellowship provides the fellows with an opportunity to attend two workshops in Kochi and Mumbai respectively. The selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- Cost for exposure visit travel during the term of the fellowship including lunches, coffee, tea and refreshments during and after sessions.
Note: The cost of travel to Kochi, Mumbai and local travel to the venue will have to be borne by the fellows. However, there are a limited number of fellowships that cover the full cost of accommodation, boarding, and travel.
The following documents are to be attached along with the application:
- Educational qualifications
- Work experience
- Statement of purpose
- Proposed action plan
- An updated copy of the Curriculum Vitae
How can you apply?
- Applications open: 18 March 2019
- Applications deadline: 12 April 2019
- Intimation of selected candidates: 03 May 2019
- Fellowship Week 1: Kochi 03 - 07 June 2019
- Fellowship Week 2: Mumbai 23 - 27 September 2019
The candidates will be assessed and evaluated by a panel of the Selection Committee with the possible assistance of external assessors and experts on the basis of following conditions -
- Proposed Action Plan
- The relevance of experience/education to the fellowship
- Statement of Purpose
Terms and Conditions
- The application form cannot be saved at any stage while filling up. The answers to the questions should already be prepared in the prescribed format in order to avoid any confusion later.
- To ensure the diversity and inclusion of all the relevant stakeholders, the organizers reserve the right to an exception.
- The duration of the fellowship is from 3rd June 2019 9:00 AM to 27th September 2019 6:00 PM.
- The fellows will have the option of choosing either Urban Risk and Resilience (URR) or Community-based Disaster Resilience (CBDR) as key concentrations of the fellowship.
- The two programs are structured around 2 residential workshops (each 1 week long) spanned over 4 months.
- Applications for the scholarship will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
For more information, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more