India Alliance DBT Wellcome Senior Fellowships 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by June, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
India Alliance DBT Wellcome invites applications for India Alliance DBT Wellcome Senior Fellowships 2020 from basic science/veterinary researchers with 7 to 15 years of post-PhD experience. The key objective of the scheme is to support outstanding researchers either medically qualified or science graduates to pursue a research career in an academic institution in India. The selected fellows will receive variable awards.
India Alliance DBT Wellcome Senior Fellowships 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for a senior fellowship, an applicant must -
- Be a veterinary/basic science researcher with 7 to 15 years of post-PhD research experience.
- Demonstrate his/her potential to lead an independent research program and must be willing to expand it further to undertake pioneering research.
- Have a substantial record of publications
- Have made a significant intellectual contribution in his/her chosen area of research
The fellowship is tenable for 5 years and provides -
- Personal support to fellows
- Research expenses that include research assistance (if required)
- The costs requested by the applicant to commensurate with their research proposal subject to successful justification by the applicant in the application
Documents How can you apply?
The preliminary application process involves the following steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below to begin the preliminary application.
Step 2: New users need to click on the 'Register' button.
Step 3: Enter valid email id and click 'Next'.
Step 4: Fill in all required details and register.
Step 5: Once registered, log in using the registered email id and password.
Step 6: Applicants need to update the details of their CV in the 'My Details' section.
Step 7: Fill in all required details.
Step 8: Update the necessary documents.
Step 9: Submit the application.
Note: Once the preliminary applications are done, the India Alliance will shortlist the students and invite them for full applications. Full applications will be made on invite-only.
Application deadline: 30th July 2020
The evaluation of preliminary applications involves -
- Assessment of the applicants' eligibility and their research proposal
- Checking that applicants are applying for the most appropriate scheme
- Advise on the competitiveness of the application in relation to others received in the cohort.
Terms and Conditions
- The proposed research should fall within the India Alliance’s remit which is to support biomedical research that is relevant to human and animal welfare.
- This scheme supports outstanding researchers of any nationality, either medically qualified or science graduates, who wish to pursue a research career in an academic institution in India.
- The Office reserves the right to advise on the suitability of the scheme based on the information provided in the application.
To know more, refer the important links.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more