India Alliance DBT Wellcome Early Career Fellowships 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by June, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites applications from final year PhD students or students having post-PhD research experience of not more than 4 years for Early Career Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research 2020-21. The aim of this fellowship is to provide opportunities for conducting high-quality research across the country to promising postdoctoral researchers in the field of biomedical research. The fellowship will be awarded for a period of five years during which the recipient will receive various benefits.
India Alliance DBT Wellcome Early Career Fellowships 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this fellowship, an applicant must:
- Be a final year PhD student or a student with post-PhD research experience of not more than four years
- Be pursuing a PhD in any disciplines of Science
- Be aspiring for an independent research career in India
- Choose a not-for-profit Indian host institution
Note: Applicants may or may not have a faculty position.
The fellowship is tenable for 5-years and it includes -
- Competitive personal support
- Research expenses
- Overseas funding for up to two years
Applicants are required to submit the following documents in their preliminary application:
- Updated CV
- Research proposal outline of 750 words with an answer to the biomedical question
- Fellowship supervisor’s details
- A supporting document along with a self-explanatory letter that describes how the supervisor’s expertise and research interests will complement the applicant’s research pursuits
- Additional recommendation letter
How can you apply?
To apply for Early Career Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research 2020-21, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and register.
Step 2: Once registered successfully, log in using the registered email id and password.
Step 3: Fill in the preliminary application by choosing ‘New Grant Application’ option after successful login.
Step 4: Enter the required details and submit the completed application along with the required documents.
Note: The application process is divided into two parts; Preliminary Applications and Final Applications. After the preliminary applications are assessed the final applications are invited by invitation only.
Preliminary application deadline: 11th August 2020
The selection committee will review the preliminary applications received which will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Applicant's fulfilment of eligibility criteria
- Research proposal
- Quality and competitiveness of the applications received
For Final Application:
- Only those who receive the invitation email can apply for the final application.
- Applications will be submitted using India Alliance online grant portal, IASys only.
- Those who have limited internet connectivity may apply by sending their candidature via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The Selection Committee holds the right to reduce the amount of grant, withhold the grant, award the grant in full or reject the application altogether.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants should submit their application only once.
- Full applications will be accepted only by invitation. Selected preliminary candidates will be asked to submit the full application via email.
- Selected applicants may not hold any other fellowship during the same time as per the Dual Fellowship Policy.
- The research proposal should be in line with the Indian Alliance’s remit which is to provide support to biomedical research for the welfare of animals and humans.
For more information, refer the important links.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more