India Agri Fellowship 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
The University of Commons invites applications for India Agri Fellowship 2019 from Undergraduates and Postgraduates to take up a year-long agri-fellowship journey in Andhra Pradesh. It is a human-centred fellowship designed for the growth of farmers and farming ecosystem in rural India. The fellowship journey is one of coaching and learning, of working for farmers and assisting them in climbing out of poverty. Each fellow is assigned a group of farmers with the objective of helping them reach their personal, long-term visions. The fellows will be involved in various capacities with the village farmers of Andhra Pradesh. They will also receive a stipend of INR 300,000 over 12 months.
India Agri Fellowship 2019
To be eligible for this fellowship, an applicant must:
- Hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Agriculture, Social Work or Business Administration
- Be 20 to 35 years of age
- Have the knowledge of Telugu (Mandatory) and Hindi or English as the secondary language
- Be open to working with the farmers in rural Andhra Pradesh
- Demonstrate a strong academic or extra-curricular performance in the last engagement
Note: Previous volunteering and corporate experience will be given preference.
The selected fellows will receive a stipend of INR 300,000 spread over 12 months for covering living, travel and food costs during the 1-year fellowship.
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the online application portal.
Step 2: Provide personal details including name, email, contact, address and educational details.
Step 3: Answer the relevant questions, provide the statement of purpose and select the relevant skills.
Step 4: Submit the application.
- Application deadline: 15th March 2019
- Shortlist announcement: 20th March 2019
- Face-to-face/on-call interviews: 25th March 2019
- Result declaration: 30th March 2019
- Fellowship begins: 20th April 2019
Terms and Conditions
- The fellows will be involved in driving socio-economic inclusion for the poor farmers of Andhra Pradesh through a learning-cum-developmental journey.
- The fellows will be trained in specific techniques that enable them to support farmers.
- Identifying problems, designing solutions, testing ideas and building brands would be some of the key roles for the fellows.
- The fellows will be assigned a small group of farmers in order to help them generate revenue whilst driving social inclusion.
- Throughout the course of the fellowship, the fellows will be provided extensive training and support.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more