IITM Research Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) invites applications for IITM Research Fellowship 2020 from postgraduates or students who are in the final year of postgraduation. The selected fellows will receive a fellowship of INR 31,000 per month.
IITM Research Fellowship 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Hold a postgraduate degree with minimum 60% marks in Physical Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship)/ GATE, OR
- Hold an MTech with minimum 60% marks in Atmospheric/ Oceanic Sciences or equivalent subject with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship)/ GATE qualified, OR
- Hold a master degree with minimum 60% marks from any branch of Engineering along with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship)/ GATE qualified
- Be below 28 years of age as on 30.04.2020
- Register for PhD within the first two years
The selected fellows will receive a stipend of INR 31,000 per month plus admissible HRA.
- Detailed resume (pdf only, max size 3 MB)
- Passport size photograph of the applicant (max 100 KB)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply:
Step 1: Click here to start the application.
Step 2: Select the post code as 'IITM Research Fellow'.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and upload the relevant documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Application deadline: 31st July 2020
The selection of the fellows will be made on the basis of their performance in written test and interview.
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidates would be required to successfully complete two semesters of an inhouse training in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, which is a qualifying criteria for PhD registration.
- Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped and as per rule for ex-servicemen.
- The hard copy of the application will not be accepted.
- Candidates who have qualified CSIR-UGC-NET (including Lectureship)/ GATE and appeared for the final year of MSc/ MS/ MTech/ ME can apply for the post and should write their
aggregate marks up to the latest semester they have appeared but their appointment is subject to having passed the MTech/ MSc/ MS/ ME examination as evidenced by mark sheets/ provisional degree certificate.
- The candidates having a demonstrated skill of computer programming Linux, UNIX, Windows/Fortran/C etc., are desirable.
- The tenure of the fellowship is 4 years.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more