IITM Research Associateship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) invites applications for IITM Research Associateship 2020 from PhD degree holders. The selected fellows will receive a fellowship of INR 47,000 per month.
IITM Research Associateship 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for the associateship, an applicant must:
- Have a Doctorate degree from a recognized University in Meteorology/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Oceanography/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geophysics/ Statistics/ or equivalent subjects.
- Be below 35 years of age as on 30.04.2020
- Have scored a minimum 60% aggregate mark in the Master’s degree
- Be well-acquainted in computer programming, Linux, etc.
- Have publications in peer-reviewed journals related to atmospheric/oceanic/climate sciences
A total of 10 candidates will be selected. They will receive a stipend of INR 47,000 per month plus admissible HRA.
- Detailed resume (pdf only, max size 3 MB)
- Passport size photograph of the applicant (max 100 KB)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply:
Step 1: Click here to start the application.
Step 2: Select the post code as 'IITM Research Associate'.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and upload the relevant documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Application deadline: 31st July 2020
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of their performance in the interview.
Terms and Conditions
- Hard copy of the application will not be accepted.
- Candidates having demonstrated skills in weather and climate modelling/ observational techniques and data analysis, etc. supported by peer-reviewed publications will be given preference.
- The tenure of the associateship is 1 year which is extendable by another 2 years depending on performance.
- Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped and as per rule for ex-servicemen.
- Candidates who would like to avail the fellowship from CSIR/UGC/DST and work as JRF in IITM are also encouraged to apply. Such candidates need to specify in the online application form about their preference of fellowship (whether availing IITM Research Fellowship or CSIR/UGC/ DST fellowship).
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more