IITDM Kancheepuram Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Indian Institute Information Technology, Design, and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram invites applications from PhD degree holders for IITDM Kancheepuram Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020. The aim of this fellowship is to support the researchers in undertaking independent research work in advanced areas of engineering and technology. Selected scholars will get INR 50,000 per month for the first year and INR 55,000 for the second year, and conference travel and a contingency grant of INR 1,00,000 per year.
IITDM Kancheepuram Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have a PhD degree in the relevant field from reputed universities in India and abroad
- Be less than 35 years of age (Note: Relaxable by 5 years in case of exceptional candidates)
Note: Candidates who have submitted their PhD thesis can also apply for this fellowship.
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- INR 50,000 per month for the first year
- INR 55,000 for the second year
- Conference travel and a contingency grant of INR 1,00,000 per year
- Curriculum vitae
- Two Page write up on PhD Thesis
- Two-page statement of research
- One copy of all major Publications
- Two/three reference letters from peers regarding his/her research capabilities and other attributes
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Prepare the required documents
Step 2: Send the documents to
Dr. Binsu J Kailath
Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing
Melakottaiyur, Off Vandalur- Kelambakkam Road
Chennai – 600127
Application accepting throughout the year.
Selection will be based on the documents submitted and the decision will be communicated to the applicants within three months from the date of application.
Terms and Conditions
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed their PhD degree during the last 5 years.
- Candidates who have submitted their PhD thesis are also eligible to apply. However, they are expected to successfully defend their PhD thesis within six months from the date of their joining (if selected) and submit a provisional/Degree certificate during the period.
- The selection process will be completed and the decision will be communicated to applicants within three months from the date of application.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited to give a seminar to the respective department.
- Each appointment will be made initially for a period of one year, and it may be extended for a further period of one year subject to satisfactory performance. Under no circumstances, the fellowship duration can exceed two years.
- Single room accommodation/food at Mess may be provided as per Hostel Norms on a payment basis.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more