IITB-Monash Research Academy PhD Scholarships 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
IITB-Monash Research Academy invites applications from students enrolled in the joint IITB-Monash PhD program for the March 2021 intake of IITB-Monash Research Academy PhD Scholarships. The scholarship aims to help Indian students get truly global experience and paves way for future career success. The selected scholars will receive multiple benefits under this scholarship.
IITB-Monash Research Academy PhD Scholarships 2021 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Hold a first-class or equivalent master's degree in a range of disciplines
- Hold a first-class bachelor's degree
- Have a valid GATE score
- Fulfil the English language proficiency and academic requirements of Monash University
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits:
- INR 3,72,000 per annum for the first 2 years
- INR 4,20,000 per annum after the first 2 years
- A scholarship grant of up to AUD 25,850 per annum in Australia
- Minimum 1 year in Australia working with a Monash University co-supervisor (some projects may require the applicant to be in Australia for a longer period of time or undertake more than one trip)
- Waiver of tuition fees at the Monash University, Australia
Note: The scholarship amount represented above is tentative and might change on the basis of various factors. The actual amount of scholarship that will be provided to a student will depend on his/her qualifications, grades and performance.
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Previous publications record
- GATE, TOEFL, GRE scorecards (if applicable)
- Other relevant documents
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button and read all details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 2: Submit the application.
Application deadline: 07th March 2021
The candidates will be selected based on a three-tier process in the following way:
- Shortlisting of applicants through the Expression of Interest submitted by them
- Shortlisting of applicants through the FORM A duly filled and submitted by them
- Personal interview for the further final selection of students
Terms and Conditions
- The PhD scholarship program takes almost 3.5 years of full-time study (or part-time equivalent) to get completed.
- The selected students will spend a minimum of 3 months of their PhD candidature at Monash University, Australia with their allocated co-supervisor.
- Students will receive a generous grant to facilitate the PhD programme experience.
- The duration to be spent at Monash University may be long or short depending on the requirements of the research.
- The students will be provided with opportunities to develop professionally including research methodology and research leadership training.
- The students will have the opportunity to attend major national and international conferences.
- The research will be conducted in a team-based approach.
- The research programme in the IITB-Monash Research Academy will be multi-disciplinary which will allow discoveries to be made at the interface of disciplines.
- The following research themes have been identified and involved in the PhD programme:
- Advanced Computational Engineering, Simulation and Manufacture
- Infrastructure Engineering
- Clean Energy
- Biotechnology and Stem Cell Research
- Humanities and Social Sciences
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more