IIT Roorkee Department of Physics Post Doctoral Fellowships 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by June, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Physics at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee invites applications for IIT Roorkee Department of Physics Post Doctoral Fellowships 2020 from students having a PhD degree in Nuclear Physics. The fellowship supports outstanding and enthusiastic researchers to focus on "Studies on proton and alpha-induced capture reaction for astrophysical p-process" under the mentorship of Dr Anil Kumar Gourishetty (Associate Professor, Department of Physics). The program offers the selected fellows an opportunity to receive a stipend of up to INR 60,000 per month and a contingency of INR 50,000 per annum.
IIT Roorkee Department of Physics Post Doctoral Fellowships 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the applicants must -
- Hold a PhD in Nuclear Physics, OR
- Have recently submitted their thesis subject to the condition that they have to furnish the proof of PhD degree at the time of interview at IIT Roorkee, if shortlisted
- Have a strong background in the area of Nuclear Physics
- Have experience of working with different computer codes to study the nuclear reactions
- Have publications in peer-reviewed journals
The fellowship is tenable for two years which can be extended for one more year, if required. The selected fellows will receive -
- Fellowship of INR 55,000 per month for the first 2 years
- Fellowship of INR 60,000 per month for the third year
- A contingency grant of 50,000 per annum
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Publications (Highlighted with the most relevant publications for the post)
- Research statement
How can you apply?
The application can be done by both post and email through the following steps -
Step 1: Prepare the cover letter.
Step 2: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 3: Send it by regular post or email in a single PDF to -
Professor and Head
Department of Physics
Indian Institute Technology Roorkee
247667, Uttarakhand, India
Email: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
Application deadline: 29th March 2020
All the fellows will be selected on the basis of the performance in the interview and relevant experience.
Terms and Conditions
- Postdoctoral fellows will be registered as students and may avail facilities of hostel accommodation.
- They will be entitled to 2.5 days of leave per completed calendar month.
- No, carry forward for leave will be allowed beyond a calendar year.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more