IIT Roorkee Department of Physics Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by June, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Physics at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee invites applications for IIT Roorkee Department of Physics Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020 from students having a PhD degree. The fellowship supports outstanding and enthusiastic researchers to conduct research on a project focusing on “Study of thermospheric and mesospheric cooling by Nitric Oxide radiative emissions”. The program offers the selected fellows an opportunity to receive a stipend up to INR 55,000 per month for the first two years and INR 60,000 per month for the third year.
IIT Roorkee Department of Physics Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the applicants must -
- Hold a PhD in Physics/Atmospheric Physics/Space Physics/Computational Physics/Meteorology, OR
- Have recently submitted their thesis (Note: Such candidates can apply subject to the condition that they have to furnish the proof of PhD degree at the time of interview at IIT Roorkee if shortlisted)
The program offers the selected fellows an opportunity to receive a stipend up to INR 55,000 per month for the first two years and INR 60,000 per month for the third year.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Publications (Highlighted with the most relevant publications for the post)
- Research statement
How can you apply?
The application can be done by both post and email through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read the fellowship details carefully.
Step 2: Prepare the cover letter and attach all supporting documents.
Step 3: Send it by regular post or email in a single PDF to -
Professor and Head
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee - 247667 Uttarakhand INDIA
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (and copy to email@example.com)
Phone: +91-1332-285335 (office)
Application deadline: 25th August 2020
All the fellows will be selected on the basis of their performance in the interview and relevant experience.
Terms and Conditions
- Post doctoral fellows will be registered as students and may avail facilities of hostel accommodation.
- The Department organizes national and international conferences from time to time.
- Knowledge of data analysis methods, numerical and analytical modelling techniques with a strong programming background are essential.
To know more, refer to the important links.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more