IIT Roorkee Department of Biotechnology Postdoctoral Fellowships 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Biotechnology at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee invites applications for IIT Roorkee Department of Biotechnology Postdoctoral Fellowships 2020 from PhD degree holders. The fellowship supports enthusiastic researchers to focus on Moleculrr Blology, Nanoaptsensors and Genefic Engineerlng under the mentorship of Dr. Naveen K Navani (Professor, Department of Biotechnology). The selected fellows will receive a stipend of up to INR 55,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 50,000 per annum.
IIT Roorkee Department of Biotechnology Postdoctoral Fellowships 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Have a PhD degree in Molecular Biology/ Life Sciences/ Microbiology with first class in preceding degree
- Have 1 or 2 years of experience/specialization in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetic Engineering, Nanotechnology or Biosensor development
- Have at least two high-impact publications or patents
Note- Candidates who have recently submitted their doctoral thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will furnish the proof of award of PhD at the time of interview.
The fellow will receive a consolidated fellowship as below -
- INR 55,000 per month for two years
- Contingency grant of INR 50,000 per annum
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Publications (With the most relevant publications for the post)
- Research statement
How can you apply?
The application can be done by both post and email through the following steps -
Step 1: Prepare the cover letter.
Step 2: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 3: Send it by regular post or email to -
Professor and Head,
Department of Biotechnology,
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (with a copy to email@example.com. in)
Application deadline: 15th February 2020
All the fellows will be selected on the basis of their performance in the interview and relevant experience.
Terms and Conditions
- The duration of the fellowship will be two years.
- The candidates called for presentation/discussion/interview will be paid Bus/II-AC train fare from their place of residence/work and back by the shortest route within India.
- The prospective candidate is expected to have a strong background in one or more areas within Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Nanotechnology, Biosensors, and Microbiology.
- Candidates should be passionate about working on cutting edge research leading to high impact publications and products.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more