IIT Guwahati Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati invites applications for Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) 2020 from PhD degree holders to join as a Post Doctoral Fellow in the various Departments/Centres of IIT Guwahati. Young researchers, selected as Institute Post-Doctoral Fellows (IPDF), will carry out advanced research at IIT Guwahati with a faculty member of the institution as a mentor. The fellowship aims to encourage bright minds through financial assistance up to INR 66,000 and other benefits.
IIT Guwahati Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) 2020 DeadlineClosed
The following students are eligible for the fellowship:
- The student must be a PhD degree holder with first class or equivalent in the preceding degree
- The student should have a consistently good academic record.
- The student must not be more than 35 years of age.
- The student must have completed his/her PhD within the last 5 years.
- Students who have submitted their PhD thesis can also apply.
- A PhD degree holder from IIT Guwahati is eligible to apply only after gaining one year of relevant post-PhD experience (with a mentor other than the PhD supervisor).
Note: Candidates who have submitted their thesis are expected to complete the PhD programme and submit provisional or original PhD degree certificate within 6 months from the date of joining.
The following perks will be received by the selected fellow:
- A fellow who has submitted his/her PhD degree certificate will receive between INR 54,000 and INR 66,000 consolidated pay (depending upon experience and qualification).
- A fellow who has not submitted his/her PhD degree certificate will receive a consolidated pay of INR 40,000.
- An annual increment of INR 6,000 will be granted based on the satisfactory performance as per the assessment report of the Performance Assessment Committee.
- A contingency grant of INR 50,000 will be provided to the fellows which will lapse at the end of the programme.
- The fellows will also be offered other benefits including house rent allowance, medical benefits and leaves.
Note: The consolidated pay shall not exceed INR 66,000. If it does, it shall stay fixed on the mentioned amount and increase no further.
Documents How can you apply?
To apply for the competition, follow the steps:
Step 1: Register on the official portal.
Step 2: Fill in all the details carefully.
Step 3: Attach the required documents.
Step 4: Review and submit the application.
Application deadline: 20th February 2020
- Candidates will be shortlisted for interview by a committee constituted by HoD/HAC.
- The candidates will then need to make a presentation at the respective Departments/Centres.
- After evaluation by the selection committee, the list of qualified candidates will be displayed in the respective Departments/ Centres.
- The Institute Post-Doctoral Fellow Selection Committee will then conduct an interview of the qualified candidates.
- The final selection will be based on the performance in the two previous rounds.
To know more, click here.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates called for interview are eligible for reimbursement of to and fro AC II-tier railway fare by the shortest route from the address of correspondence.
- The students residing abroad shall be exempted from coming personally before the selection committee, such candidates shall be interviewed through video conferencing (Skype).
- Accommodation will be provided to the fellows.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more