IISER Kolkata Department of Physical Sciences Post-doctoral Research Associateship 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata invites applications for IISER Kolkata Department of Physical Sciences Post-doctoral Research Associateship 2021 from PhD degree holders. The fellowship is meant for the SERB sponsored project titled “Development of a diverse lab-on-a-chip platform for plastic electronics, microanalysis, and biosensing applications using microlithography by directed self-assembly driven by laser-induced microbubbles”. The selected fellows will receive a consolidated fellowship of INR 47,000 per month plus HRA.
IISER Kolkata Department of Physical Sciences Post-doctoral Research Associateship 2021 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Hold a PhD in Physics, Material Sciences, Chemistry with expertise in Material Sciences, Biophysics, with experience in handling different equipment such as SEM, AFM, spectrophotometers, etc.
- Have at least TWO first author papers in refereed scientific journals
- Hold an MTech in a professional course
- Have obtained at least 60% in MSc in Physics/Chemistry, with CSIR-NET JRF or an equivalent qualification, and/or a valid GATE score
Experience in optics/spectroscopy will be preferred. Candidates who have submitted their thesis can also apply. Candidates with experience in working in an optics lab would be preferred.
The selected fellows will receive a consolidated fellowship of INR 47,000 per month plus HRA.
- Explain the candidate’s scientific interest in joining the Light-Matter lab in not more than 400 words
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read the guidelines before applying.
Step 2: Send an e-mail to Dr Ayan Banerjee (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject ‘Application for RA position in IMPRINT project’.
Application deadline: 10th February 2021
Selection will be based on the applicant's performance in the interview.
Terms and Conditions
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview at IISER Kolkata, and will need to bring 2 sealed recommendation letters from their PhD supervisor and research collaborator(s) or mentors familiar with her/his academic achievements.
- It is also expected that the selected candidate shall spend at least 1 year in the position.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more