IISER-K Summer Student Research Programme 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
IISER-K Summer Student Research Programme 2019 provides B.Sc, M.Sc, B.S, M.S, B.Tech and B.E. students of universities across the world an opportunity of exposure to a research environment by associating them with one of the research groups of IISER during the summer vacation. The duration of Summer Research Programme of IISER Kolkata is from 20th May to 12th July 2019. The selected summer students will receive fellowship worth INR 14,000 for 8 weeks.
IISER-K Summer Student Research Programme 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be pursuing B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech. or B.E. degree from any institutions or universities across the world
- Be willing to stay on campus accommodation throughout the period of the visit unless the research work requires travelling
- Abide by the rules and regulations applicable to the regular students of IISER-K
- Students having KVPY/INSPIRE or any other summer research fellowship, and those selected under the Indian Academy of Sciences summer fellowship programme will receive financial support from the respective sponsoring organization. The fellowship is of INR 1250 per week or INR 10000 for 8 weeks.
- The Centre for Advanced Functional Materials (CAFM) at IISER Kolkata will fund two summer students. The fellowship of the CAFM funded summer students is of INR 1750 per week or INR 14000 for 8 weeks.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the step to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the web page here and create a login account.
Step 2: Provide personal, educational details, fellowship details, faculty selection., etc.
Step 3: Upload a passport size picture in JPEG format (100 kb file size).
Step 4: Upload an updated CV (PDF format) and submit the application form.
- Application portal opens: 15th Feb 2019
- Application portal closes: 8th March 2019 at 4.00 PM
- Publication of list of selected candidates: 26th March 2019
- Last date of receiving confirmation from selected candidates: 3rd April 2019
- Summer research programme begins: 20th May 2019
- Summer research programme ends: 12th July 2019
Terms and Conditions
- Submission of a final Project Report is mandatory for the award of completion certificate. The applicants may select a maximum of two faculty members in order of the preference in the application form.
- Each selected candidate will be formally associated with a faculty member of the Institute.
- After joining, each candidate needs the original certificate from the currently affiliated organization (HoD/Supervisor, on letterhead) that she/he is not getting any other financial support.
- For funded interns, a consolidated fellowship amount will be deposited in the intern's bank account directly at the end of the programme.
- On-campus accommodation is mandatory and is chargeable.
- Hostel Accommodation (INR 125.00 per week) and Bedding (INR 35.00 per day) charges for the duration of the entire stay need to be paid at the time of joining.
- Access to computational and library facilities will be provided.
- Each candidate must submit a formal Joining report within 1 week of joining that has the details on Project Title, Bank Account details and approval by selected Faculty Member.
- A participation certificate will be awarded at the end of the Programme, subject to the submission of a Project Report.
- Information furnished by the candidate in Joining report and Project completion form will be treated as final and binding on the candidates. No further changes/modifications will be entertained.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more