IISc Summer Fellowship in Science and Engineering 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Indian Institute of Science jointly with Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore invites applications for the IISc Summer Fellowship in Science and Engineering 2019 from SC/ST students studying either in the 1st year of M.Sc or in the 3rd or 4th year of B.E/BTech or an equivalent degree in all disciplines. The fellowship is to empower the students from backward classes by helping their education. The fellows have the opportunity to win a fellowship of INR 5000 along with a book grant of INR 1500 and other benefits.
IISc Summer Fellowship in Science and Engineering 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Belong to either the Scheduled Caste (SC) or the Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- Be pursuing either M.Sc. in Biological, Physical, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences
- Be studying in 3rd or 4th year B.E/BTech or equivalent degree in all disciplines during the academic year 2018-19
Note: Those who are in the 1st year of M Sc and 3rd year B E/B Tech will be given preference.
The following benefits will be received by the selected fellows:
- Fellowship of INR 5000
- Book grant of INR 1500
- A travelling allowance which will be equivalent to the second class sleeper train fare from the nearest station of college/residence to the IISc and back.
- Free boarding and lodging at IISc.
- The selected candidates will have the opportunity to work with one of the faculty members of IISc and learn various techniques used in research.
Note: The lodging of the applicants will be on sharing basis.
- Application signed by the principal of the institution
- Passport size coloured photograph
- Certificates of education duly signed by the principal of the institution
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click here to access the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with relevant details.
Step 3: Click on 'Save' button to submit the form and take the print out of the application form after the application number is generated.
Step 4: Get the application form attested by the Principal of the College.
Step 5: Submit the attested application form along with the signature here.
Terms and Conditions
- The applicants who have previously undergone the Summer Fellowship in the last year/s or are already pursuing higher education are not eligible for the fellowship program.
- The fellowship program is 1-month long which is scheduled to be held in the month of June or July.
- The applicants are requested to submit the online application by logging on to the official website.
- The duly attested application has to be scanned into a PDF document or Jpg format and then submitted.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more