IIHS Urban Fellows Programme 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) invites applications from bachelor's degree holders for IIHS Urban Fellows Programme 2021. The programme is a 10-month full-time, residential, inter-disciplinary fellowship based at the IIHS City Campus in Bengaluru. The selected candidates shall receive scholarships that cover tuition fees and stipends to cover daily living expenses.
IIHS Urban Fellows Programme 2021 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian citizen
- Have basic proficiency in reading English
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in any subject or discipline
- Not exceed 30 years of age at the time of the program commencement
- Be born on or after 1 August 1990
Note: Applicants without any formal education after their 10+2 may also apply.
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits:
- Residential fellowship delivered through 8 months of in-class teaching at IIHS City Campus in Bengaluru followed by 2 months of internship placements
- Scholarship that covers tuition fee
- Stipends available to cover daily living expenses for candidates with significant financial needs
- Personal statement
- Audio-visual material of candidate's own making that compliments the application to be uploaded
- Any other information the candidate would like to provide (up to 200 words)
- Sample of work
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button below and register.
Step 2: Login and fill an application containing personal details, education details, personal essays, sample work, etc.
Step 3: Submit the application online or by post to the address below:
The Admissions Committee
IIHS Bengaluru City Campus,
No. 197/36, 2nd Main Road,
Bengaluru 560 080
Applications starting date: 10th March 2021
Applications deadline: 19th April 2021 (Thursday 18:00 hrs, IST)
Mid May: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to set up interview times and dates. Interviews will be on the phone or via Skype.
June 2021: Selected and waitlisted candidates will be informed via email.
Selection will be based on eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The UFP is committed to providing scholarships to all candidates that receive admission, who are unable to pay the programme tuition, after a review of their financial needs.
- The programme is need-blind and the selection and admission into the programme will not be affected by the candidate's ability to pay.
- Shared accommodation for the programme is free and available to all candidates who receive admission.
- Costs that will not be covered here include commuting costs to and back from the campus, other incidental costs such as dining out, additional purchases, etc.
- All admitted fellows will be asked to submit INR 20,000 as a deposit to secure their admission that will be adjusted against the fee.
- Through the UFP, Fellows will:
- Understand issues of urbanisation in India and the global south from multiple disciplinary perspectives.
- Learn from practice as a young professional seeking to enter the urban sector.
- Develop skills necessary to analyse, understand and identify key urban issues in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more