ICMR-DHR International Fellowships for Young Indian Biomedical Scientists 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in partnership with the Department of Health Research (DHR) invites applications for ICMR-DHR International Fellowships for Young Indian Biomedical Scientists 2020 from MD/MS/PhD degree holders in health or biomedical research who have at least three years of relevant experience. Selected fellows will get a monthly stipend of USD 3,000 and other benefits.
ICMR-DHR International Fellowships for Young Indian Biomedical Scientists 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of India and working in the country
- Hold an MD/PhD/MS degree in health/biomedical research
- Have minimum research/teaching experience of 3 years in a recognised institute
- Be below 45 years of age as on the last date of application
- Not have availed any similar fellowship of one-month duration or more from the Government or a Government agency in the last 3 years
A total of 40 fellows will be awarded the following benefits -
- A stipend of USD 3,000 per month (including accommodation and other expenses)
- Return economy class excursion airfare
- A contingency grant of maximum INR 50,000
- Statement from the Employer/Head of the Institution.
- Letter of acceptance letter from the host institute.
- Plan of the proposed training
- A letter of recognition from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) (For candidates belonging to Private Universities/Colleges)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the link and register.
Step 2: Once registered successfully, log in and fill the required details.
Step 3: Upload the necessary documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Application deadline: 15th December 2019
A Selection Committee comprising of eminent scientists would screen all applications and the selection will be based on the evaluation of candidate's merit and the training needs in the field of medical research.
Terms and Conditions
- In case of the cancellation of the travel ticket, the cancellation charge and difference of fare will be paid by the selected fellow.
- If a fellow withdraws or refuses to undertake the fellowship at the last minute, he/she will be “de-barred” for succeeding two years from availing the ICMR-DHR International Fellowship.
- The Utilisation Certificate (in the prescribed format) should be submitted by the Fellow within 2 weeks of return for final adjustment of stipend/bills.
- The fellows are required to submit a final work report (in the prescribed format) on the training and research activities undertaken in the Foreign Laboratory/Institute during the fellowship period.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more