ICMR-DHR International Fellowships for Senior Indian Biomedical Scientists 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in partnership with the Department of Health Research (DHR) invites applications for ICMR-DHR International Fellowships for Senior Indian Biomedical Scientists 2020 from MD/MS/PhD degree holders with at least 15 years of experience. This fellowship aims to select talented candidates for advanced exposure in their respective field of work while working with international scientists. Selected senior fellows will receive a stipend of USD 3,000 for up to one month and other benefits.
ICMR-DHR International Fellowships for Senior Indian Biomedical Scientists 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of India and working in the country
- Hold an M.D/MS/PhD degree (MD/ MS/ MDS or MBBS/BDS/MVSc/ MSc/MPharma/MTech or equivalent with PhD in health / biomedical research)
- Have at least 15 years of experience (for availing the fellowship for 15 days) and at least 10 years of experience (for availing the fellowship for 1-3 months) in teaching/research in a recognized Institute
- Be below 57 years of age as on the last date of application
- Not have availed any fellowship of similar nature for one month or above from any of the agency of the GoI/State Govts in the last 3 years
A total of 25 fellows will be awarded the following benefits -
- A stipend of USD 3,000 per month (including accommodation and other expenses) for up to 1-month duration
- Return economy class excursion airfare
- A contingency grant of maximum INR 50,000
- Statement from the Head/Employer of the Institution
- Letter of acceptance from the host institute
- Plan of the proposed training
- The recognition letter from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the link and register.
Step 2: Once registered successfully, log in and fill the required details.
Step 3: Upload the necessary documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Application deadline: 15th December 2019
The final selection will be based on the merit of the candidates and training needs in the field of medical research by a Committee of eminent scientists.
Terms and Conditions
- In case of the cancellation of the travel ticket, the cancellation charge and difference of fare will be paid by the selected fellow.
- If a fellow withdraws or refuses to undertake the fellowship at the last minute, he/she will be “de-barred” for succeeding two years from availing the ICMR-DHR International Fellowship.
- The Utilisation Certificate (in the prescribed format) should be submitted by the Fellow within 2 weeks of return for final adjustment of stipend/bills.
- The fellows are required to submit a final work report (in the prescribed format) on the training and research activities undertaken in the Foreign Laboratory/Institute during the fellowship period.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more