ICMR Centenary-Post Doctoral Research Fellowship Scheme 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by June, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) invites applications for the ICMR Centenary-Post Doctoral Research Fellowship Scheme 2020 from PhD/MD/MS degree holders. The aim of the fellowship scheme is to foster high-quality research opportunities to talented and young PhD/MD/MS degree holders in the areas of basic science, communicable and non-communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition at ICMR Institutes/Centers. The fellows have the opportunity to avail a monthly stipend of INR 50,000 and other benefits.
ICMR Centenary-Post Doctoral Research Fellowship Scheme 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be up to 32 years of age as on the date of application (Relaxation of up to 5 years in age is given to SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates)
- Be a new PhD/MS/MD degree holder within 3 years of completing his/her PhD/MS/MD or hold a provisional PhD/MS/MD degree
- The PDF guide should have a minimum designation of a Scientist-C grade.
- Postgraduate medical students can also apply for the fellowship in MCI recognized postgraduate medical colleges wherein a minimum of three batches have obtained their postgraduate degree.
A total of 50 fellowships are given every year which include -
- Consolidated fellowship grant of INR 50,000 per month
- House rent allowance (if the fellows are receiving accommodation by the ICMR centers/institutes, the HRA will not be paid to them)
- Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) as admissible
- A contingency grant of INR 3 lakhs per annum (25% of contingency grant can be used for travel including per diem expenses)
The following documents should be attached along with the application:
- Photograph of the applicant
- Affidavit of carrying different name/surnames in the certificates (if applicable)
- Attested copy of school leaving/high school/secondary school certificate (for the date of birth)
- Attested copies of grade cards/mark sheets and degrees for BSc/MSc/MPhil/PhD/, BE/ME/PhD, B Pharm/M Pharm/PhD, MBBS/MD/MS
- List of publications
- Reprints of publications
- One page summary of the PhD thesis (six copies)
- Attested copies of letters of acceptance of papers accepted for publication and reprints
- Seven copies of the detailed research proposal
- Testimonials from 2 referees
- Attested copy of the Caste Certificate (if applicable)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship -
Step 1: Visit the official fellowship notification.
Step 2: Download the application form.
Step 3: Fill in all required details.
Step 4: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 5: Send the completed application in all respect to the below-mentioned address with 'Application for ICMR CENTENARY - Post Doctoral Fellowship' written on top of the envelope.
Dr N.C. Jain
Scientist-G & Head,
Division of Human Resource Planning and Development,
Indian Council of Medical Research Headquarters,
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110029
Selection will be made twice in a year i.e. 30th June 2020 and 31st December 2020.
- The fellows will be shortlisted by the Special Committees, gathered by the Director-General on the basis of their publications, citations and its impact factor.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to go through a personal interview with the Committees constituted by the Director-General of ICMR.
Terms and Conditions
- The tenure of the fellowship is 2 years which can be further extended for a maximum of one year more based on the outstanding performance and recommendations by the Officer-in-charge/Director of the concerned ICMR centers/institutes.
- The deserving candidates can also get an age relaxation of up to 3 years based on their previous work, awards, publications, etc.
- The amount of the fellowship will be paid to the respective ICMR centers/institutes every 6 months including the contingency grant.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more