ICHR Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF), 2020-2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Council of Historical Research invites applications for ICHR Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF), 2020-2021 from Ph.D. scholars who have done quality work and have publications in the form of books and papers in professional journals related to history to their credit. This fellowship aims to award the eligible candidates for promoting quality research works. Selected fellows will receive a fellowship of INR 44,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 44,000 per annum for a period of 2 years.
ICHR Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF), 2020-2021 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be senior scholars who have done quality work and have publications in the form of books and papers in professional journals related to history to their credit
- Be of minimum 45 years of age
- Have a minimum teaching/research experience of 10 years
- Have minimum ten research articles in peer-review journals and at least one published book
- A fellowship of INR 44,000 per month for a period of 2 years
- A contingency grant of INR 44,000 per annum for a period of 2 years
- Copies of certificates of educational qualifications
- Copies of language qualification certificates, if applicable
- Copy of SC/ST/disability certificate, if applicable
- Copy of Ph.D. dissertation
- Copy of Bio Data 2 copies
- Copies of published book(s) and articles in reputed journals
- Detailed Proposal 3 copies
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Note: The applicants are also required to submit the hard copy of the application for to -
The Member Secretary,
Indian Council of Historical Research, 35, Ferozeshah Road,
New Delhi - 110001
Application deadline: 27th December 2019
Selection will be based on the evaluation of the project presented by the candidates.
Terms and Conditions
- Eligible and interested scholars may apply along with self-attested copies of the requisite documents by post to
Indian Council of Historical Research,
35, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi- 110 001
- Application of Reservation rules in the award of Fellowships is subject to certain clarifications to be received from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India
- The award of the Fellowship will be decided by a Committee of subject experts, shall be required to make a presentation on their proposed subject of research
- The award of the Fellowship will be decided by a Committee of subject experts, on the basis of the experts’ evaluation of the proposal and the presentation made by the candidate
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more