ICHR Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) 2021-22
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) invites applications for ICHR Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) 2021-22 from students enrolled for PhD in recognized universities in the field of historical studies. The award for JRF will be based on an online Entrance Test and Presentation-cum-Interview. The scholarship awarded is worth INR 17,600 per month for 2 years along with a contingency grant.
ICHR Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) 2021-22 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the candidate must be:
- Registered in a recognized University for a PhD programme in Historical Studies
Note: Usual reservation will be applied to SC, ST, PwD students
- The selected fellows will receive a fellowship of INR 17,600 per month for 2 years
- They will also get a contingency grant of INR 16,500 per annum for 2 years
Self-attested copies of the following documents should be attached with the application form:
- Certificates of educational qualification (Class 10 to PG)
- Category certificate (SC/ST/Physically Challenged), if applicable
- PhD registration certificate
- Research Proposal/Synopsis
- Published papers
- Printout of the Application form (Hard Copy) forwarded by Supervisor
- UGC-NET Certificate, if applicable
Note: DD/Bankers Cheque for a fee of INR 500 should be drawn in favour of the DDO, ICHR, New Delhi, payable at Delhi (Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories are exempted from payment of the fee).
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button below and read all details.
Step 2: Select "Junior Research Fellow" in Äpplication for" section and select the exam centre.
Step 3: Fill in the personal details (name, age, family, bank details etc).
Step 4: Upload a photo and signature.
Step 5: Submit the application form.
The hard copy of the application along with self-attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience and signed copy of checklist etc. should be sent by post to the following address:
Indian Council of Historical Research
No. 35 Ferozeshah Road
New Delhi – 110001
Note: The application fee of INR 500 should also be sent along with other documents in the form of a demand draft (not applicable for SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PWD)).
- Online submission of JRF application opens: 19th March 2021
- Last date for online submission: 11th April 2021
- Last date for submitting printouts of applications submitted online: 21st April 2021
- Declaration of Stage I result on the ICHR website: 25th May 2021
- Presentation and Interview (Stage II): June 2021
The candidates will be selected based on an entrance exam conducted in two stages:
- Stage I examination will consist of 100 online objective type questions. Each question will carry 01 marks (Total 100 marks).
- There will be no negative marking.
- The candidate will choose his/her area of specialization (Ancient/ Medieval/ Modern India) at the time of filling online JRF application form.
- The candidates shortlisted on the basis of merit in the Stage I examination will be called for the presentation and interview.
- Each shortlisted candidate will make a presentation based on his/her registered PhD research topic (8-10 minutes, preferably powerpoint) followed by an interview.
- Presentation and interview will carry a maximum of 60 marks.
- All shortlisted candidates should bring their hall tickets issued for Stage I entrance exam while coming for the Presentation and Interview.
Merit will be drawn on the basis of aggregate marks of Stage I and II, that is, 100 + 60 = 160 (total marks). The total number of fellowships offered is 80.
Terms and Conditions
- Submission of application both online and the printout of the same along with computer-generated unique ID number is mandatory.
- Hard copies of applications without a unique ID number will not be accepted.
- Second class (sleeper) railway or bus fare will be reimbursed for SC/ST candidates who will be called for an interview.
- The candidates who are physically disabled can use the services of a scribe as per the Govt. rules at their own cost during the online examination.
- The fellowship is a whole-time engagement for research work and cannot be combined with any other whole-time or part-time work.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more