IBSE Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Initiative for Biological Systems Engineering (IBSE) at IIT Madras invites applications for IBSE Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2019. The fellowships are for exceptional doctorates who are interested in pursuing 1-2 year research to initiate long-term research goals at the interface of biology and engineering. The recipients of the fellowships can avail monthly emoluments of INR 45,000 along with other benefits.
IBSE Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for these post-doctoral fellowships, the applicants must-
- Have completed their PhD within the last 2 years
- Demonstrate academic excellence
The fellowship recipients will receive the following benefits-
- Monthly emoluments of INR 45,000 (plus HRA)
- Opportunity to working in a highly interdisciplinary environment, with eminent faculty in Systems Biology and Data Science
- Access to state-of-the-art high-performance CPU/GPU computing infrastructure
- Funds to attend a national conference every year
- Regular colloquia by international experts and workshops
The applications should be sent along with the following documents-
- Latest CV describing the candidate's academic record with publications list, list of programming languages known, level of proficiency and certification if any (attach a single PDF or link to Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive)
- A research proposal (500-750 words) listing preferred research areas
- IBSE Faculty Mentors the candidate is interested in
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply-
Step 1: Visit the notification page and read instructions before applying.
Step 2: Send the applications through mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the required documents.
After the submission of the applications, the candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria-
- Academic pedigree, performance
- PhD research area and list of publications, if any
- Proficiency in programming (high-level languages, preferably Python/R/MATLAB)
- Contribution to open-source projects will be a plus
Note: The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed the following month.
Terms and Conditions
Areas of Research
- Application of systems genetics approaches in India specific clinical datasets
- Network and community detection in multi-omic data
- Metabolic modelling for diseases
- Application of Machine Learning algorithms in clinical data
- Process analytics and systems theory for metabolic modelling and optimisation
- Application of NLP in biological data analysis
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more