Humanities and Social Science Project Fellowship, NIT Rourkela 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by May, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Humanities and Social Science Project Fellowship, NIT Rourkela 2019 is inviting applications for Senior Research Fellow (SRF) post on the project entitled - Centre of Excellence (CoE) on "Public Health Nutrition". The project will be tenured for 4 years. The applicant can enrol for a PhD in the area of public health nutrition. The fellow will receive a monthly stipend of INR 75,000. A walk-in interview will be organised for the selection of SRFs.
Humanities and Social Science Project Fellowship, NIT Rourkela 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Have an MA/MPhil/PhD in Health Science, Nutrition, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology or related subjects
- Have research experience in the field of Public Health Nutrition
- Have better knowledge in nutrition-related SDGs
- Have a good publication record
- Be possessing good writing and presentation skills
The selected SRFs will receive a consolidated salary/stipend of INR 75,000 per month.
The candidates should bring the following documents on the day of the interview at the venue:
- Cover letter
- Filled application form (with the photograph attached)
- Photocopies of mark sheets and degrees
- Publications and work experience documents
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Download the application form and read the guidelines before applying.
Step 2: Compile CV, cover letter, photocopies of mark sheets, degrees, publication, work experience etc in a prescribed format and bring them to the interview venue:
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Date: 22 Feb 2019 at 9.30 AM
The selection process is divided into two stages.
- Stage 1: Technical test (Test related to writing skill and data management)
- Stage 2: Personal interview
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship is being funded by UNICEF.
- Bachelor accommodation in the institute may be provided and campus accommodation may be provided to married students subject to availability.
The applicants will have the following job duties:
- Design assessments/develop documentation plan as advised by UNICEF, State Food Commission and Govt of Odisha.
- Provide support in the development of questionnaires and tools for social/community level audit food/nutrition programmes.
- Data analysis and report writing.
- Attend the state and district level review meetings and share the field findings for taking corrective actions.
- Provide support in taking minutes/proceedings of all the meetings at the CoE and at Odisha State Food Commission.
- Conduct data validation on a sample basis.
- Good understanding of various data sources like census, NSSO, NFHS, DLHS, DISE etc.
- Good English writing and presentation skills.
- Preparing policy-oriented manuscripts for publication.
- Understanding of issues related to MDGs and SDGs.
- Provide regular feedback of activities to the project-coordinator/programme manager.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more