GRAAM Scholar Program (GSP) 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Grassroots Research and Advocacy Movement (GRAAM) invites applications for its scholar program, a unique concept of a one-month long program where students will gain practical experience in conducting a research/policy study with the field partners under their mentorship. The program has come over with a threefold objective:
- For interns: to provide a combined objective of providing a true grassroots experience blended with a participatory research model to the young scholars. Also, the possibility of having a publication disseminated through GRAAM’s bulletin and annual publication.
- For Grassroots organization: to support in documenting their work and helping them to deep routing their understanding of the issues of their community.
- For GRAAM: the pilot studies will provide shreds of evidence from grassroots to take forward larger studies and evidence-based advocacy.
GRAAM Scholar Program (GSP) 2019 DeadlineClosed
The following candidates are eligible for the program:
- Age is not a constraint
- Post Graduate students in Social Sciences/Social Work/Development Management/Business Administration from a national/international institution.
- Researchers and practitioners in the development sector
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits:
- Mentorship to students throughout the internship
- An opportunity to work with the grassroots organization
- Training on research methodologies
- Guidance in designing as well as writing the report
- Striving to take the output produced by the scholar to the logical end
- An opportunity to work in a research-oriented environment
- Theory classes will be held in the English language. The knowledge of Kannada will be an added advantage to understand and interact with the community in field/in practical classes.
The following documents are required to be attached to the application:
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) indicating the area of interest, relevant skills, experience and motivation for applying to this program (less than 500 words)
- An electronic version of CV
- A scanned copy of identify proof
- A scanned copy of any of the following:
- Bonafide certificate issued by the institution, or
- Letters of Reference/Recommendation by an institutional authority
- A scanned copy of documentary proof about educational qualification (last year’s mark sheet/passing certificate)
- Letter for “Request for partial/full scholarship” (for the candidates who want to apply for it)
How can you apply?
To apply, follow the steps:
Step 1: Download the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the required details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 4: Mail the completed application form with attached documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Submission Deadline: 15th April 2019
- Information about selection: 30th April 2019
A maximum of 20 interns will be selected to undertake the course in a year. The program committee at GRAAM will take the final decision based on the documents submitted by the applicant.
Terms and Conditions
- GRAAM will provide a partial scholarship to the needy and deserving candidates. The candidate has to submit a separate letter with a title “request for partial/full scholarship” along with the other documents. The discretion of awarding scholarship completely rests with the organization.
- The Internship fee is INR 10,000.
- The candidates should take care of their food and accommodation by themselves. However, the organization will support the scholars to find appropriate accommodation near the organization, roughly costing around INR 7000 (including food and stay at field area).
- The dates of this program are non-negotiable; the candidate is expected to attend the entire duration of the programme and to work full time.
- The candidate is responsible for obtaining the necessary passport and visas when required. GRAAM will issue only a letter stating the acceptance of an individual as an intern/volunteer/fellow and the conditions governing the internship.
For more information, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more