Google PhD Fellowship India Program 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Google is offering Google PhD Fellowship India Program 2021 to support students as they pursue PhD as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor. Interested applicants must be pursuing computer science or related areas. The selected candidates will receive a monthly fellowship and contingency grants along with a chance to do an internship at Google after successfully clearing the internship interview process.
Google PhD Fellowship India Program 2021 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a PhD enrolled student at an Indian University
- Have obtained an Undergraduate/Masters degree from an Indian University
- Be a professional who is employed with a registered organization in India
Google will offer the selected candidates a fellowship of USD 50,000 for a duration of 4 years. This fellowship will cover the following:
- Support for a maximum period of 4 years
- Monthly fellowship to cover stipend and other research-related expenses, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Applicant's resume with links to publications (if available).
- Available transcripts (mark sheets) starting from first year/semester of Bachelor's degree till date.
- Research statement of purpose (maximum of two pages).
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant's work (at least one coming from the thesis advisor in case of current PhD students).
Note: Collate all these documents into a single PDF file and upload it as one document only.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button.
Step 2: Provide information on the name, PhD program date, current designation, etc and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Provide information on research interests, and upload supporting documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Application Deadline: 28th April 2021
Selection will be based on the eligible criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neuroscience
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more