Google PhD Fellowship India 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Google is offering Google PhD Fellowship India 2019 to support students as they pursue PhD as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor. Interested applicants must be pursuing computer science or related areas. The selected candidates will receive a monthly fellowship and contingency grants along with a chance to be able to do an internship at Google after successfully clearing the internship interview process.
Google PhD Fellowship India 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a PhD enrolled student at an Indian university
- Have obtained an Undergraduate/Masters degree from an Indian University
- Be a professional who is employed with a registered organization in India
Google will offer the selected candidates a fellowship of USD 50,000 for a duration of 4 years. This fellowship will cover the following:
- Support for a maximum period of 4 years
- Monthly fellowship
- Contingency grant for expenses like books, stationery etc
- Travel grant for attending conferences
- Applicant's resume with links to publications (if available)
- Available transcripts (mark sheets) starting from first year/semester of Bachelor's degree till date
- Research statement of purpose (maximum of two pages)
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant's work (at least one coming from the thesis advisor in case of current PhD students)
Note: Collate all these documents into a single PDF file and upload it as one document only.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the web page here and read the instructions before applying.
Step 2: Provide information on the name, PhD program date, current designation, etc and proceed to next step.
Step 3: Provide information on research interests, and upload supporting documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Terms and Conditions
The Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neuroscience
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more