GNLU’s 4th Essay Competition on Law and Society 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Centre for Law and Society at Gujarat National Law University invites entries for the 4th Essay Competition on Law and Society 2019. The essay should be written around the central theme of “Algorithms, Law, and Democracy”. Students pursuing graduate/postgraduate courses in law or any other stream can participate in this contest and win varied prizes.
GNLU’s 4th Essay Competition on Law and Society 2019 DeadlineClosed
All undergraduates and postgraduate students enrolled in any discipline in a recognized University/ Institute in India are eligible to participate.
Note: Only one entry per participant will be taken into consideration and subsequent entries will be debarred. Not more than two participants can co-author one entry.
For Law students
First prize: Cash reward INR 10,000, Internship at L&L partners, and publication in the Law and Society Review
Second Prize: Cash reward of INR 5,000, Internship at Software Freedom Law Centre and publication in the Law and Society Review
For Non-Law students
- First Prize: Cash reward INR 10,000, Internship at Tandem Research, and publication in the Law and Society Review
Second Prize: Cash reward of INR 5,000, Internship at Centre for Social Justice and publication in the Law and Society Review
Note: All participants will get a participation certificate.
Documents How can you apply?
Interested participants can directly submit their entries by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘4th GNLU Essay Competition on Law and Society, 2019’ and mentioning name(s) of the author(s) in the body of the email. The applicants are also required to submit the following details in a separate word document with the email and fill the Google doc here.
- Sub-theme chosen
- Title of the essay
- Name of the author(s), college/institute/university of the author(s), the programme enrolled, and year of study
- Email address and contact number
Note: The essay may be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format only.
Announcement date: 30th June 2019
Application deadline: 12th August 2019
Result declaration: Within two months from the application deadline
All the entries will be checked and evaluated based on criteria and the overall scale of 100 marks on the following parameters:
- Understanding of the essay theme and the sub-themes (10 marks)
- Research quality (30 marks)
- Author’s creativity and content uniqueness(10 marks)
- Proper use of Grammar, Language Style, Language efficacy (15 marks)
- Organization of the content and clarity of thoughts and expressions (20 marks)
- Practicability and quality of suggestions or references conveyed (15 marks)
Terms and Conditions
- The participants must use the English language for writing the essays.
- In case, any plagiarism is found, the entry will automatically stand disqualified. Hence, the participants should submit their original work only.
- Submitted essays if already sent elsewhere for publication shall automatically be disqualified.
- The word limit for the body of the essay should be ranged between 4500-6000 words. This does not include footnotes.
- Please leave margins of 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Use Times New Roman font for writing the essay with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5cm.
- For footnotes use Times New Roman font, with font Size 10 and line spacing 1cm.
- Text alignment should be justified.
- Every citation must be written in the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition style.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more