Fulbright Nehru Post Doctoral Research Fellowships 2024-25
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 29-03-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
Fulbright Nehru Post Doctoral Fellowships 2024-25 is an opportunity offered by the United States-India Education Foundation (USIEF) to Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. Applications are invited for the following fields only:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics)
- Earth Sciences
- Education Policy and Planning
- Energy Studies
- Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications)
- Mathematical Sciences
- Performing Arts
- Political Science (including, but not limited to, International Security and Strategic Studies); Psychology
- Public Health (including, but not limited to, pandemic preparedness and comprehensive surveillance (genomic surveillance, sewage surveillance, sero-surveillance))
- Public Policy
- Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management)
- Visual Arts
- Women’s and Gender Studies
The selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend and other benefits.
Fulbright Nehru Post Doctoral Research Fellowships 2024-25
To be eligible for the fellowship, an applicant must -
- be an Indian citizen
- hold a Ph.D. degree or a D.M. degree within the past four years (Note - The applicant must have obtained Ph.D. degree between July 17, 2019 and July 16, 2023)
- have a publication in a reputed journal
- demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement
- demonstrate proficiency in the English language
- In the application, the applicants are required to indicate the period in which they can complete the proposed project in the United States.
- The applicants must determine grant duration carefully and should be selected for a grant. It will be for the period specified in their application.
- The duration cannot be changed.
The following benefits will be received by the selected fellows:
- J1 Visa support
- A monthly stipend
- Accident and sickness program for exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines
- Round-trip economy class air travel
- A modest settling-in allowance
- A professional allowance*
*Note - Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 per cent of the grant period.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Detailed Project statement
- Three reference letters
- Letter of invitation
- FNPostDoc Letter of support from home institution (if employed)
- Additional documentation
- A recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) on the online application (not exceeding 30 pages)
- Ph.D. or D.M. degree certificate/provisional Ph.D. certificate on the online application
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'How to Apply' section and click on the first link.
Step 4: For first-time users, click on the 'Create an Account' link, whereas registered users click on Login.
Step 5: To register for an account, enter an email address, first and last name, and date of birth and click on 'Continue'.
Step 6: Enter the pin received through email to activate the account and create a password to complete the process.
Step 7: After successfully creating the account, fill in the required information step-by-step and upload the necessary documents s in PDF format as required. (Note- Applicants who already have an account can log in using a valid credentials)
Step 9: Fill in the grant and additional information and submit the form.
- The name must be entered exactly the way it appears (or will appear) on the applicant's passport.
- For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Application Detailed Instructions'.
- Application due date for 2020-2021 awards - July 17, 2023
- Review applications to short-list candidates - Early-September 2023
- National interviews of short-listed candidates - End November 2023
- USIEF notifies finalists - March-April 2023
- Beginning of the program - August-September 2024
The selection process involves initial screening of the applications received followed by national interviews conducted in Delhi. After the interview, the final selection is made by the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF).
Terms and Conditions
- The applicant can apply for only 1 Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
- Unless otherwise specified, Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Extensions and transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
- The applicants will be affiliated with only 1 U.S. host institution for their grant.
- USIEF strongly recommends all applicants to identify institutions with which they wish to be affiliated and correspond, in advance, with potential host institutions.
- The letter of invitation should indicate the duration of the applicant's visit, preferably with dates. If the applicants has secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, it should be included as a part of the online application.
- In addition, the candidate must complete and upload the following documents for the post-doctoral online application.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more