Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2021-22
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2021-22 is designed for Indian scholars who are registered for a PhD programme at an Indian institution. These fellowships are for six to nine months. The selected scholars get a monthly stipend and other benefits. It enables the most outstanding students, academics and professionals in India and the U.S. to study, research and teach in the host country.
Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2021-22 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Have done adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S.
- Have registered for his/her PhD at an Indian institution on or before September 1, 2019
- Upload a published/presented paper or extracts from the Master’s/MPhil thesis in the online application form
Note: If the applicant is employed, he/she must follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement. If applicable, the applicant can obtain endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form. Applicants with PhD degree or those at the final stage of PhD thesis submission are not eligible.
The selected applicants will receive the following benefits:
- J-1 visa support
- Monthly stipend
- Accident and sickness program for exchanges as per the U.S. Government guidelines
- Round-trip economy class air travel, applicable allowances and modest affiliation fees, if any
- Selected scholars will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the US
Note: No allowances are provided for dependents. The grant is not sufficient to support family members.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the official web page and create an account.
Step 2: Provide personal details and click "Continue".
Step 3: Applicants will receive a pin by email which they need to enter and proceed.
Step 4: Create a password and log in to the account.
Step 5: Provide personal, contact and academic information.
Step 6: Provide information on language skills, study plan, personal statement, university preference, etc.
Step 7: Upload the required documents.
Step 8: Fill in grant and additional information and submit the form.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2020, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
National interviews of shortlisted candidates in Delhi: Last September 2020
USIEF notifies finalists: March-April 2021
Program begins: August-September 2021
The selection process involves initial screening of the applications received followed by national interviews conducted in Delhi. After the interview, the final selection is made by USIEF.
Terms and Conditions
- The applicant will be affiliated to one US host institution for his/her grant.
- The applicants can apply for only ONE Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
- Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Extensions and transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
- Applications are invited in the following fields only:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Anthropology Bioengineering
- Computer Science
- Education Policy and Planning
- Energy Studies
- International Law
- International Security and Strategic Studies
- Materials Science (with an emphasis on environmental applications)
- Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences
- Performing Arts
- Physical Sciences
- Public Health
- Public Policy
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Visual Arts and Women’s and Gender Studies
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more