Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2024-25
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 27-03-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2023-24 is an opportunity offered by the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) to Indian scholars who are registered for a Ph.D. programme at an Indian institution. These fellowships are for six to nine months. The applications are invited from applicants in the field of -
- Agricultural Sciences
- Anthropology Bioengineering
- Computer Science
- Chemistry, Economics
- Education Policy and Planning
- Energy Studies
- Language and Literature
- International Law
- International Security and Strategic Studies
- Materials Science (with an emphasis on environmental applications)
- Mathematical Sciences
- Performing Arts
- Physical Sciences
- Public Health
- Public Policy
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Visual Arts
- Women’s and Gender Studies
This fellowship enables the most outstanding students, academics and professionals in India and the U.S. to study, research and teach in the host country. The selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend and other benefits.
Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2024-25
To be eligible, the applicant must -
- have done adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India
- be registered for PhD at an Indian institution on or before November 1, 2022 (For U.S. applicants)
Note - These fellowships are for pre-doctoral level research. Applicants with PhD degrees or those at the final stage of PhD thesis submission will not be considered.
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits -
- A monthly stipend
- J-1 visa support
- Accident and sickness program for exchanges as per the U.S. Government guidelines
- Round-trip economy class air travel, applicable allowances and modest affiliation fees, if any
- Opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the US
Note - No allowances are provided for dependents. The grant is not sufficient to support family members.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume
- Academic degree and marksheets
- Language test scores
- Letter of invitation
- FNDR Applicant Annexure
- FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form
- Ph.D. registration certificate
- Original published/presented paper or extracts from the Master's/M.Phil. thesis (not exceeding 20 pages)
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Application Detailed Instructions'.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'How to Apply' section and click on the first link.
Step 4: For first-time users, click on the 'Create an Account' link, whereas registered users click on Login.
Step 5: To register for an account, enter an email address, first and last name, and date of birth and click on 'Continue'.
Step 6: Enter the pin received through email to activate the account and create a password to complete the process.
Step 7: After successfully creating the account, fill in the required information step-by-step and upload the necessary documents s in PDF format as required. (Note- Applicants who already have an account can log in using a valid credentials)
Step 9: Fill in the grant and additional information and submit the form.
- The name must be entered exactly the way it appears (or will appear) on the applicant's passport.
- For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Application Detailed Instructions'.
Application Deadline - 17th July 2023, 23:59:59 HRs (IST)
National interviews of Shortlisted Candidates - Mid-October 2023
USIEF Notifies Finalists - Mid-October 2023
Beginning of Program - August/September 2024
The selection process involves initial screening of the applications received followed by national interviews conducted in Delhi. After the interview, the final selection is made by the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF).
Terms and Conditions
- The applicant will be affiliated with one US host institution for the grant.
- The applicants can apply for only one Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
- Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Extensions and transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
- This grant is intended for Ph.D. students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/thesis. Therefore, the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date should at least be three months after the Fulbright-Nehru grant end date. The applicant can download the Applicant Annexure from the USIEF website.
- If the applicants are employed, they must follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer's endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNDR Employer's Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. The applicants can download the FNDR Employer's Endorsement Form from the USIEF website.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more