Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
United States‐India Educational Foundation(USIEF) invites applications for Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship 2020-21 from students doing research in the identification of resources in the country. The aim of the fellowship is to promote further mutual understanding between the people of two countries by a wider exchange of knowledge and professional talents by intending to partner to build long-term capacity in the United States and India by engaging scientific and technical research scholars from both countries related to climate research and education.
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
The following applicants are eligible for the fellowship:
- Must be an Indian citizen and a resident of the country
- Must have a high academic background
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the English language
- Must give an undertaking to return to India after the commencement of the programme
- Fellows for doctoral research:
- Candidate must have conducted adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S.
- The candidate must be registered for a PhD at an Indian institution on or before September 1, 2018
- Fellows for postdoctoral research:
- Candidate must have been awarded a PhD degree within the past four years
- Candidate must have obtained a PhD degree between July 16, 2015, and July 15, 2019
The following benefits will be received by the selected fellows:
- J-1 Visa support
- Round trip economy class air travel between India and the United States
- A monthly stipend
- Accident and sickness program for exchange as per the United States government guidelines
- A modest setting in allowance
- A professional allowance
The following documents will be required:
- Copies of transcripts
- Copies of mark sheets
- Letter of support from home institution (if applicable)
How can you apply?
- Program announcement and application form available online- January 15, 2019
- Application deadline for 2020-2021 awards- July 15, 2019
- Screening committee/field-specific experts review applications and shortlist candidates for interviews- Mid-August 2019
- National interviews of shortlisted candidates in Delhi- Early October 2019
- Principal and alternate nominees are notified that they are recommended. Doctoral Research nominees take TOEFL- Mid-October 2019
- USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement- Late October 2019
- Placement confirmations- April-May 2020
- The program begins- August-September 2020
Terms and Conditions
- Plagiarism in the application or any publications will lead to disqualification.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Grant extensions and/or transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
- In addition, the candidate must complete and upload the following documents for post-doctoral online application:
- The applicant is required to indicate the period in which s/he can complete his/her proposed project in the United States. Determine the grant duration carefully. If the candidate is selected for a grant, it will be for the period s/he has specified in the application. The duration cannot be changed.
- The postdoctoral research fellowship is 8 to 12 months long.
- The doctoral fellowship is 6 to 9 months long.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more