Filmmakers Without Borders (FWB) Fellowship Program 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Filmmakers Without Borders (FWB) is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to empowering the next generation of digital storytellers. Through the Filmmakers Without Borders (FWB) Fellowship Program 2019, FWB provides youth from underserved communities with the technical training, media literacy skills and digital tools to leverage the creative process as a means for interpreting their role in the society.
Filmmakers Without Borders (FWB) Fellowship Program 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this fellowship, an applicant:
- Can belong to any country
- Should be highly flexible, mature and have a genuine interest in teaching
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree (in film studies/education or a related field)
- Should have at least 2 years of film/media-related experience
- Must have a minimum of 6 months (cumulative) in/formal teaching experience
- Should be proficient in relevant digital technologies
- Should be able to provide samples of their work
The selected applicants can receive the following benefits:
- A round-trip airfare
- Housing/accommodation (10-12 months)
- Food (3 meals/day, 7 days/week, 52 weeks/year)
- A customized curriculum and lesson plans during the fellowship
- A variety of equipments (cameras, microphones, laptop, software, etc.)
- Additional educational resources & support
- Full support in applying for Visas
- The organization will take full care of health and safety of the fellows during the fellowship period
Note: Peace Corps, VSO & the ICS Network, UN Volunteers, Teach For America, City Year, and Americorps alumni are eligible to receive an application fee waiver.
- A CV
- Academic transcripts
- Two reference letters
- Response to 3 essay questions
- Example sample lesson
- A 3-5 minute video essay outlining the candidate's background and interest in the program
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the web link here to apply for the fellowship. Read the instructions prior to filling the form.
Step 2: Provide personal, contact and fellowship details.
Step 3: Upload the required documents.
Step 4: Pay USD 65 as application fee. Click here to pay the fee.
Step 5: Mention the payment receipt id in the application form.
Step 6: Submit the form online.
Terms and Conditions
- A video essay may be filmed on a DSLR, pocket camera or other comparable camera but should include an edited combination of all of the following:
- The applicant speaking directly to the camera
- Voice over narration
- B-roll footage
- Text elements
- The lesson plan will be based on the following parameters:
- 90-minute class session
- 15 students (10 boys/5 girls)
- 12 years old
- Very limited English
- Underserved background
- No adult translator
- No electricity in the classroom
- 10 Kodak Playsport Cameras
- 1 laptop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- 1 mini-projector (battery powered)
- The lesson plan should include:
- A clearly defined learning goal
- Description of the hands-on activity
- Two examples of media resources (videos, images, etc.)
- Preparation required
- Materials required
- A reflection/discussion question
- The candidate’s application is forwarded to the relevant admissions committee for initial review. The review process can take between 2–6 weeks from the respective application deadlines (Priority or Final) depending on the application cycle and the number of applications being processed.
- Unsuccessful applicants are generally notified of their application status within 6 weeks of the relevant application deadline.
- Successful applicants generally receive final offers of admission about 2-3 months after the relevant application deadline.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more