FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 19-05-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship 2023 is an opportunity offered by the International Federation of Surveyors (FIG Foundation) to Indian PhD students. FIG Foundation is an independent international organisation that financially supports surveyors in developing countries. They raise funds to secure a sustainable future for surveyors. Students who are solely enrolled in a surveying/geomatics academic program are eligible to apply. Selected candidates will receive a one-time grant of up to Euro 4,000 and other benefits.
FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship 2023
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be an Indian citizen
- be studying for a PhD degree
- be registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying
- have had a paper accepted by a peer-reviewed international journal based on their research project
- have submitted their final thesis before the application deadline
Selected candidates will receive a one-time scholarship of Euro 4,000. An additional grant of up to Euro 3,000 to attend and present a peer-reviewed paper at a FIG conference.
- Identity proofs
- Marksheets and certificates
- An academic CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Recommendation letters
- A cover sheet consisting personal information of the applicant
- A brief description and argument as to how the applicant’s academic programme addresses the “teaches surveying and graduates surveyors”
- A 200-word abstract
- A one-page research proposal according to the template provided
- A letter from the editor of the journal indicating that the paper has been accepted and that the necessary corrections have been completed satisfactorily
- Journal paper’s referees’ reports
- A list of peer-reviewed journal publications over the last 6 years
- A list of research funding obtained over the past 5 years
- A description of research compliance
- A budget indicating how the funds will be spent and a one-page justification of the budget
- A letter from the supervisor of the applicant
- For more information, kindly refer to the ‘Document Check List’ document.
- All the documents must be in English as a single file in PDF format on A4 size paper. Each item must begin on a new page.
- The main proposal must be of a maximum of one A4 page and typed in Times New Roman 12 point (single-spaced) with the stipulated headings. It should be in simple language.
- Any additional pages in the proposal will not be accepted.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the steps listed below-
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email ID)
Step 3: Read the instructions carefully and arrange all required documents accordingly to create a proposal for application.
Step 4: Send the proposal through email at - firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship Application’ mentioned in the subject line.
Application End Date - 1st June 2023
The application will be assessed based on the quality of the application and need. In case of two excellent applications are considered to have equal quality then the applications belonging to low-income and lower-middle-income countries will be selected.
Terms and Conditions
- Grant holders are required to file a report, co-signed by their supervisor and department head, within a year of receiving the grant. The report must indicate the breakdown of the money spent.
- The grants are not applicable to pay for the charges related to overhead or administration assistant costs.
- Supervisors of the successful applicants will receive a confirmation call to verify the publications of peer-reviewed journals before disbursing the money.
International Federation of Surveyors, FIG
DK-1780 Copenhagen V DENMARK
Kalvebod Brygge 311560
Telephone Number - (+45) 3886-1081 | Email Id - email@example.com
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by May, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more