Enhance Depression Care (ESSENCE) Fellowship, Sangath 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Sangath is inviting applications from Bachelor's or Master's degree holders to apply for Enhance Depression Care (ESSENCE) Fellowship, Sangath 2019 and avail a fellowship worth up to USD 8,500. This fellowship aims to build implementation research capacity in four South Asian countries (India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Nepal) for knowledge generation by creating opportunities for early and mid-career global health researchers.
Enhance Depression Care (ESSENCE) Fellowship, Sangath 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a national of ESSENCE countries, i.e., India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Nepal
- Have completed (undergraduate) graduation or master’s degree in healthcare, public health, behavioural and/or psychological sciences or a related field, including social work, with strong relevance to public health
- Have at least 2 years and master’s degree applicants should have at least 1 year of work experience in public health programmes
- Be exposed to work in mental health (preferred but not a requirement)
- Show commitment for 2 years
- Have a proof of current employment status (i.e., employed), letter of support, and with 2 years of employment commitment from the employer
- Have employer’s commitment to release for 20% time for research work/implementation science course
- The fellowship will be granted for implementation science training and research (as per fellowship terms) conducted in Madhya Pradesh.
- It covers a fellowship period of a maximum of 24 months, depending on the research project being implemented, and the applicant’s work schedule.
- Sangath will offer a non-renewable fellowship up to a maximum of USD 8,500 to cover the cost of the research and/or developing case studies for 2 years.
- This financial support includes fellow’s research cost, travel, food and lodging.
- Updated CV (including a list of publications, if applicable) covering education employment/work experience with Statement of Purpose with a focus on why they are interested to join the fellowship.
- A sample of applicant’s scientific writing (provide PDFs of published papers, if available).
- A personal undertaking expressing a willingness to complete the full fellowship.
- Two professional/academic references with contact details.
- Letter of support from the organisation expressing a willingness to provide necessary support to the individual (if employed by an organisation).
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the web page here and read instructions before applying.
Step 2: Compile an application and attach required documents.
Step 3: Submit the application via email to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- At the end of the fellowship, the fellow must provide a detailed report on the implementation of the field study and its findings to the mentors.
- The fellowship recruitment will be facilitated by Sangath.
- The lead course instructor is Prof Rohit Ramaswamy from the University of North Carolina, USA who will provide oversight of the program and be involved in mentoring the fellows.
- Prof Ramaswamy, senior global mental health researchers from Sangath and/or its collaborators will also mentor the fellows during the duration of the fellowship.
- The applicant should be able to perform the following:
- Implementation on research and development of case studies which focus on increased uptake of evidence-based interventions for mental disorders in low and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- Initiate the design and writing of implementation research proposals and successfully compete for research grants after successful completion of the fellowship.
- Publish implementation science-driven research papers in high-impact regional and international journals that offer new evidence and empirically based recommendations with the potential to impact policy and programmes.
- The fellowship is for 2 years and will require about 20% of a fellow’s time i.e., 8 hours each week.
For more information, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more