Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) invites applications for Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science 2021 from researchers belonging to SC and ST categories. This scheme aims to provide research support to scientists belonging to SC & ST categories and facilitate their equal participation in research and development in the field of Science & Technology. The selected candidates will receive funding up to a maximum of INR 50 lakh (excluding overhead charges).
Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science 2021 Deadline30-Jun-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be an Indian national
- Be an active researcher belonging to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category
- Be working on a regular basis in academic institutions/national lab or any other recognized R&D institutions in the field of Science and Engineering
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering or M.D. / M.S. / M.D.S. / M.V.Sc. degree.
- Have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of submission of the proposal.
Note: Researchers/Scientists who have an ongoing project under EMEQ scheme as on the date of submission of the proposal are not eligible to apply. Co-Investigators are not allowed in the scheme
- Funding is provided up to a maximum of INR 50 lakh (excluding overhead charges)
- The research grant will cover equipment, manpower, consumables, travel and contingency. Overheads will be provided as per prevailing norms of SERB
- Duration of the project shall be for a maximum of three years
- Biodata (under user profile section)
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
- Category Certificate
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents to the application.
Step 4: Submit the application
Application Deadline: 01st June 2021
Application deadline: 30th June 2021
The selection will be based on the recommendations of a Task Force Committee that will be constituted by the Board. If desired by the Committee, the applicants may be called for personal discussion.
Terms and Conditions
- The duration of the project should be a maximum of three years.
- The grant is given for major equipment, manpower, consumables, travel, and contingency.
- Overhead charges as per SERB rules will be provided to the implementing institution.
- No co-investigator(s) is/are allowed in this program.
- Projects, which involve Recombinant DNA work should be examined and certified by the Institutional Biosafety Committee. Certificate from this committee should accompany the project proposal.
- Projects, which are clinically oriented or projects, which involve experiments with human and/or animal material, should be examined and certified by the Institutional Ethics Committee. Certificate from this committee should accompany the project proposal.
- Proposals in the area of Earth Sciences should contain the geological map of the region to be studied.
- The applicant must make sure to quote the File No. (given by SERB) and title of the proposals in all your future communications.
- Before final submission, Principle Investigator (PI) must check the completeness of the proposal (including the attachments). The scanned attachments should be clearly legible. Incomplete proposal or proposals with illegible documents will be summarily rejected.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more