e-Medhabruti Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 16-02-2024 Posted By : Smriti Verma
e-Medhabruti Scholarship Scheme 2023-24 is an opportunity offered by the Higher Education Department, Government of Odisha. The objective of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to meritorious students of the state who are willing to pursue UG/PG/technical and professional courses. The selected candidates will receive a scholarship of up to ₹30,000 per annum or as per the course duration.
e-Medhabruti Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
To be eligible, a candidate must:-
- be a domicile of Odisha
- be admitted to educational institution recognised by the regulatory authorities such as AICTE, MCI, and UGC, etc.
- have an annual family income of less than ₹8,00,000 from all sources
For the UG Merit Scholarship:-
- have passed Class 12 from Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha or equivalent exam
- have secured 55% or more marks from an institution recognised by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)/Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)
- be pursuing a regular degree course or a three-year degree course in any of the recognised institute/college/university
For the PG Merit Scholarship:-
- have passed a three-year degree or equivalent exam
- have secured 55% or more marks from a recognised institute
- be pursuing a regular PG degree in Arts/Commerce/Science or any other postgraduate discipline which is non-professional in nature, from any of the recognised college/institute/university
For Technical & Professional Merit Scholarships:-
- have passed Class 12 from Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha or equivalent exam from an institution recognised by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)/Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) OR
- have completed a three-year degree or equivalent 3-year course (only for master's course) with 55% or more marks
- be pursuing regular technical/professional courses in any of the recognised college/institute/university
Note:- Students must apply for the scholarship in the first year of the degree course.
Courses Applicable under the scholarship scheme:-
- UG Merit: 3-year degree course (B.A./B.Sc./B.Com.) and specialised programs such as BBA/BCA/BJMC etc. having a duration of 3 years
- PG Merit: PG courses in Arts/Commerce/Science as well as other non-professional courses
- Technical and Professional Merit: undergraduate and postgraduate professional degree programs and integrated courses including B.E./B.Tech, MBBS, BDA, BHMS, BAMS, B.Pharma, B.Sc. (Nursing), B.Sc. (Agriculture), MBA, MCA, M.Tech, Integrated M.Sc., and other recognised by regulatory bodies like AICTE, MCI, DCI, CCIM, CCH, CCH, INC, UGC, etc.
Note:- For a list of eligible courses under this scholarship scheme, kindly refer to Appendix II in the 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
The following students are ineligible for this scholarship:-
- Students enrolled in open universities or pursuing higher education through distance learning or correspondence courses.
- Students who are already receiving scholarships under any other state/central government schemes
- Students enrolled in diploma courses
- Students enrolled in M.Phil, PhD, B.Ed and M.Ed. degree
- Students pursuing their education abroad
- Students who have already completed one technical/professional course but taking admission to another course at the same level
- Students who fail to receive validation from their respective principal or educational institution
The selected candidates will receive the benefits in the following manner:-
Merit Category Number of Scholarship Rate of Scholarship per year Amount of scholarship to be paid in total during the course U.G. Merit 10,000 ₹10,000 ₹30,000 P.G. Merit 5,000 ₹15,000 ₹30,000 Technical and Professional Merit 10,000 ₹20,000 As per course duration Documents
- Aadhaar card
- Aadhaar-seeded bank account details
- Domicile certificate issued by a competent authority, specifically Tahasildar or Additional Tahasildar
- Family income certificate issued by Revenue Officer (RO), not below the rank of Tahasildar or Additional Tahasildar
- Transcripts/marksheets of the last qualifying examination
- College/institute ID card (Note:- If unavailable, a Letter of Undertaking authenticated by the concerned educational institution specifying the academic session, course, name, duration, and the student's roll or registration number may suffice)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the below-mentioned steps:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to register. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Click on the 'Registration' button on the top of the dashboard and tick on the terms and conditions checkbox to proceed.
Step 4: Fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note:- If already registered, log in using valid credentials.)
Step 5: After successful registration, fill in the required details and submit.
Scholarship Deadline: 25th February 2024
The candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:-
- The aggregate percentage of marks obtained in the last qualifying examination
- This will be done for each merit category, district-wise and block-wise.
- The selection process will be executed in descending order of academic merit until the allocated scholarship quota is reached.
Note:- In case of a tie, students with lower annual household income will be given preference.
Terms and Conditions
- If an exceptionally meritorious student, who falls within the merit list of their first year of admission, fails to apply for the undergraduate merit scholarship during their first year of admission. They may be entertained in the second year or any subsequent year provided there are available vacancies for the respective academic year (first year's admission).
- Once awarded, the scholarship will be automatically renewed on an annual basis for the duration of the course facilitated by transferring the scholarship information to the education institution for validation of the student's continued enrolment in subsequent years.
Note:- For detailed information, kindly refer to the 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more