e-Medhabruti Scholarship Scheme 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 16-02-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
e-Medhabruti Scholarship Scheme 2023 is an opportunity offered by the Higher Education Department, Government of Odisha. The objective of the scholarship is to encourage and motivate brilliant students of Odisha to pursue higher studies in the field of UG/PG/Technical & Professional education. The selected candidates will receive a scholarship of up to INR 10,000 per annum.
e-Medhabruti Scholarship Scheme 2023
To be eligible, a candidate must -
- be a permanent resident of Odisha
- have an annual family income of less than INR 6,00,000
- have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the previous qualifying examinations
For UG Merit Scholarship -
- have passed Class 12 of CHSE, Odisha or equivalent exam
- have secured 60% or more marks from an institution recognized by CBSE and ICSE
- be pursuing a regular degree course or a three-year degree course in any of the recognized institutions/ colleges/ universities
For PG Merit Scholarship -
- have passed a three-year degree or equivalent exam
- have secured 60% or more marks from a recognized institute
- be pursuing a regular course in Arts/ Commerce/ Science or any other postgraduate course which is non-professional in nature from any of the recognized colleges/ institutions/ universities
For Technical & Professional Merit Scholarships -
- have passed Class 12 of CSHE, Odisha/ CBSE/ ICSE, or equivalent exam or three-year degree or equivalent 3-year course (only for master's course) with 60% or more marks
- be pursuing regular technical/ professional courses in any of the recognized colleges/institutions/universities
Note - Students shall apply for the scholarship in the first year of the degree course.
Courses Applicable under the scholarship scheme -
- UG Merit - For pursuing a 3-year degree course (BA/ B.Sc./ B.Com.) and courses such as BBA/ BCA/ BJMC etc. having a duration of 3 years
- PG Merit - PG courses in Arts/ Commerce/ Science/ other postgraduate courses which are non-professional in nature. The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to such courses is a degree in Arts/ Commerce/ Science.
The selected candidates will receive the benefits in the following way -
S. No. Merit Category Number of Scholarship Rate of Scholarship per year Amount to be paid at a time 1) U.G. Merit 5,000 INR 5,000 INR 15,000 2) P.G. Merit 3,500 INR 5,000 INR 20,000 3) Technical and Professional Merit 3,500 for UG courses and 2,500 for PG courses INR 10,000 As per course duration Documents
- Domicile certificate
- Proof of annual income
- Mark sheet and certificates of last qualifying examination
- Bank account details of the student
- College identity card
- Aadhaar card
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to register. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Select the relevant scholarship scheme, fill in the details and register.
Step 4: After successful registration, fill in all the sections with the required details and upload the relevant documents. (Note - If already registered, kindly log in using valid credentials.)
Step 5: Submit the scholarship application.
Application End Date - 22nd February 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the following criteria -
- The applicants must fulfil the eligibility conditions as specified in the different categories of merit.
- The student record must be validated/ authenticated online by the principal of the concerned college/institute.
Note - In case of a tie, students with lower annual household income will be given preference.
Terms and Conditions
The following students are ineligible for this scholarship -
- Students pursuing their higher studies through open universities or distance learning/ correspondence
- Students pursuing self-financing general UG/ PG course
- Students already availing scholarships for pursuing higher study under any other schemes of State or Central Government
- Students pursuing diploma-level courses, M.Phil., Ph.D., B.Ed., M.Ed.
- Students admitted to colleges/ institutions/universities not approved by concerned regulatory bodies like AICTE, MCI, UGC, etc
- Students pursuing another technical/ professional course of the same level
- Students who are not validated by the concerned principal/ institution during their first year of degree course
Department of Higher Education Government of Odisha,
The Deputy Secretary (Scholarship),
Higher Education Department, Odisha Secretariat,
Email Id - email@example.com
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more