DUO-Belgium/Wallonia-Brussels Scholarship 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
ASEM-DUO invites applications for DUO-Belgium/Wallonia-Brussels Scholarship 2021 from members of the academic or the scientific staff of an institution of a Wallonia-Brussels Higher Education Institution (HEI) or an Asian HEI pursuing it as their main occupation. The selected scholars have the opportunity to win up to EUR 5000 per month for a duration of a maximum of 2 months. The scholarship aims to promote “paired exchanges” between professors from Wallonia-Brussels HEIs and Asian ones.
DUO-Belgium/Wallonia-Brussels Scholarship 2021 DeadlineClosed
The following applicants are eligible for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be a member of the academic/scientific staff of a Wallonia-Brussels HEI or an Asian HEI (i.e. they must be remunerated by the HEI and it must be their main occupation).
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must be recognized/accredited by the competent authorities in the field of higher education.
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must sign a cooperation agreement or must have expressed the intention to sign one in the two following years.
Note: The following applicant groups are not eligible for the fellowship:
- Students and PhD students
- Professors emeritus, honorary professors
- Teaching Assistants
Exemptions are possible for the colleges of arts. The selection committee will assess on a case-by-case basis.
The selected scholar will win a total amount of EUR 50,000 which will be disbursed in the following ways:
- EUR 5,000 per month for two professors as the grant of the scholarship (or a total amount of EUR 50,000 for a two-month exchange for the pair).
- This amount will cover the travel expenses and per diem capped at the amount of the grant.
- The grant will be paid off in instalments the last instalment is paid after both professors have submitted a mission report.
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- A typewritten application form in pdf format
- A copy of the academic cooperation agreement
- Passport copies of both the applicants
- An updated CV of both the applicants (maximum 5 pages, containing information relevant to the programme)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Attach the necessary documents along with the application.
Step 3: Transform the whole application into one pdf document.
Step 4: Submit it to the institution who will further send it to the institution belonging to the Wallonia Brussels Federation at email@example.com
Applications open: 15th February 2021
Application Deadline: 15th April 2021
Verification of the eligibility of the applicants: 16th April 2021
Meeting of the jury: 04th May 2021
Information sent to the applicant: 30th June 2021
The scholars for the DUO-Belgium/Wallonia-Brussels Scholarship 2020 are selected based on the following criteria:
- The coherence and quality of the research project, the teaching project and/or the project of service to the society
- The expected impact of the grant in the Asia-Europe dialogue
- The academic, scientific or artistic excellence of the applicant for e.g. publications, research or artistic project, publications with the partner institution, work experience, exhibitions, academic background, competitions, etc.)
- The expected impact of the grant on the applicant's professional career, work and institution
- The original character of the project
- The explanation for the duration of the trip
- The strength of bilateral relations between an institution of the FW-B and an Asian institution
- The applicant's knowledge of different languages
- The relevance of financial support for the applicants
Terms and Conditions
- The exchange is done in pairs – one professor from a Wallonia-Brussels HEI is hosted by an Asian institution, whereas an Asian professor is hosted by a Wallonia-Brussels institution.
- The exchange must necessarily take place between the two same institutions, but does not need to take place in the same time span, nor between two identical departments.
- The fellowship program is open to all disciplines.
- Applications must be submitted between 15 April 2021.
- A mission report must be sent not later than 2 months after the end of the exchange.
- The visa application must be introduced by the recipient to the local Belgian diplomatic post.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more