DST Postdoctoral Fellowship in Nano Science and Technology, JNCASR 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) is inviting applications from PhD degree holders to apply for the DST Postdoctoral Fellowships in Nano Science and Technology, JNCASR 2019 and avail fellowship worth INR 55,000 per month for 2 years. This highly prestigious fellowship is tenable in Research Institutions/Universities including non-profit R&D institutions anywhere in India.
DST Postdoctoral Fellowship in Nano Science and Technology, JNCASR 2019 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a PhD degree holder in Science or Engineering
- Or, have submitted the PhD thesis with research interests in Nano Science and Technology
- Have a good academic record
- Be below 40 years of age
- Have evident capabilities of becoming future leaders of Indian science
The fellowship covers the following:
- A consolidated monthly stipend of INR 55,000
- A research contingency grant of INR 200,000 per annum
- A monthly stipend of INR 45,000 (for candidates who have submitted the PhD thesis but haven't been awarded PhD degree)
Note: The fellowship is tenable for a maximum period of 2 years.
Attach the following documents along with the application on a plain paper:
- List of publications (attach reprints of 2 important papers)
- Copies of certificates (B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Tech, PhD)
- One page synopsis of PhD thesis
- A short write up (1000 words)
Note: The candidates should request three referees to send their confidential evaluation directly to the address mentioned above.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the link here and read instructions before applying.
Step 2: Submit the application on a plain paper and attach the required documents.
Step 3: Superscribe the application with “Application for DST Postdoctoral Fellowship in Nano Science and Technology” and send it to the address below:
The Administrative Officer
DST Postdoctoral Fellowship in NST
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Bangalore 560 064
Note: The applicant is advised to propose his/her place of work, name of the supervisor and his/her consent of accepting the candidate.
There is no last date for application and applications will be received throughout the year
The candidates will be selected after the recommendations of a Search-cum-Selection Committee on the basis of the following factors:
- Research proposal
- Performance in the interview
- Academic and research record
- Merit of the proposed research in the area of nanoscience
- Facilities available in the host institution for the proposed research
Terms and Conditions
- Though the fellowship is for 2 years, in some exceptional cases, it can be extended for the third year also.
- The applications for the fellowship will be received throughout the year. However, the selection will be made on a periodic basis.
- This fellowship is meant for working in new areas and laboratories in order to expand their research capabilities, other than the one where the candidate obtained the doctorate degree from.
- The fellowships are awarded under the Nano Mission of DST.
- After the acceptance of the fellowship, the candidate must join the host institution/University within a duration of 2 months.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more