Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes (EBC), Tripura 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 16-02-2024 Posted By : Smriti Verma
Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes (EBC), Tripura 2023-24 is an initiative of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, for EBC category students studying at the post-matriculation level. This scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to students to pursue higher education. The selected students will receive a monthly maintenance allowance of up to ₹750 and other benefits for the complete duration of the course.
Source: National Scholarship Portal
Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes (EBC), Tripura 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:-
- be an Indian national
- be a domicile of Tripura
- belong to the Economically Backward Classes (EBC) category
- be enrolled in post-matriculation or post-secondary course in a government-recognised institution
- have an annual family income of not more than ₹2,50,000, including their own income, if employed
Note: Students pursuing postgraduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
The following students are ineligible for the scholarship scheme:-
Candidates who, after completing one level of education, choose to pursue studies at the same level but in a different subject. For example, a student who pursues a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in English after completing a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in computer science.
Students who have already completed one professional degree, such as a BT or B.Ed., are not eligible for the scholarship. This means they cannot apply if they pursue a second professional degree, such as an LLB.
Students who are currently in Class 11 of either a Higher Secondary School course or Class 12 of a Multipurpose High School course are not eligible for this scholarship because their education is considered continuous. If the Class 10 exam from these courses is considered equivalent to the Matriculation exam, and students continue their education in other courses after passing Class 10, they will be treated as "post-matriculate" students and will be eligible for the scholarship.
The selected candidates will receive the benefits in the following manner:-
i) Maintenance Allowance
Course Hostellers (in ₹ per month) Day Scholars (in ₹ per month)
- Degree and postgraduate level courses including M.Phil, PhD, Post-Doctoral Research in Medicine (Allopathic, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary and Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/Applications)
- Commercial Pilot License courses from GOI institutes (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating)(Maximum 20 slots per annum): In addition to maintenance allowance, an amount of ₹5,000 per flying hour for a maximum of 200 hours will be paid by the state govt with the approval of the govt of India
- Postgraduate diploma courses in various branches of management and medicine
- CA/ICWA/CS/ICFA etc.
- M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral programmes (DLitt, D.Sc., etc.)
- Graduate/postgraduate courses leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B.Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other paramedical branches like rehabilitation diagnostics, etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management and Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition and Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum senior secondary (Class 12)
- Postgraduate courses not covered under Group A e.g. MA/M.Sc/M.Com/M.Ed./M.Pharma etc
All the other courses leading to a graduate degree not covered under Group A and B e.g. BA/B.Sc./B.Com etc.
All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is high school (Class 10), e.g. senior secondary certificate (Class 11 and 12); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.
Note: Scholars who are entitled to free boarding and/or lodging will be paid maintenance charges at 1/3rd of the hostellers' rate.
ii) Reader charges for blind students (Blind scholars):
Group Reader allowance (in ₹ per month) Group A and B 175 Group C 130 Group D 90
iii) Fees: Scholars will be reimbursed for the compulsory fees (e.g. enrolment/registration, tuition, games, union, library, magazine, medical exam), excluding refundable deposits like caution money and security deposit.
iv) Study tours: A maximum of ₹900 per annum will be paid to scholars studying professional and technical courses, provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for completion of the course.
v) Thesis typing/printing charges: A maximum of ₹1,000 will be paid to scholars on the recommendation of the head of the institution
Note:- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses (i.e. distance and continuing education) will be eligible for reimbursement of a non-refundable fee. Besides reimbursement, such students will also be eligible for an annual allowance of ₹900 for essential/prescribed books, as applicable.
- Aadhaar card
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Passport-size photograph
- Certificate/degree/diploma for all the passed exams
- A receipt in acknowledgment of the scholarship in the previous year (if applicable)
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner' and click on 'New Registration' tab.
Step 4: Read the details carefully, tick the checkbox, and click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 5: Select the respective Aadhaar option, enter mobile number, captcha code, and OTP, and then submit.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and click on 'Save & Register' to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Now click on the 'Fresh Application' tab and log in using the application ID and password.
Step 8: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit the application.
Note:- All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Application Deadline: 20th February 2024
The selection of the candidates will be based on the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The provisions of the scheme can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- If a student studying a Group A course fails the exam for the first time, they may still receive scholarship funding. However, if they fail the exam again or fail any subsequent exams, they will have to pay for their own tuition until they pass and move on to the next level.
- Students who switch to a professional or technical course after completing or failing their undergraduate or postgraduate degree in arts, science, or commerce can still receive scholarships if they meet the requirements. However, they cannot fail the new course again, except for those in Group A. Additionally, once the course has been chosen, no further changes can be made.
- Students who choose to pursue their studies through correspondence courses, which also encompass distance and continuing education, are eligible for reimbursement of a non-refundable fee. In addition to this reimbursement, they are also entitled to an annual allowance, specifically allocated for the purchase of essential and prescribed books.
- Only two boys with the same parents or guardians can receive scholarships. This restriction does not apply to girls. In other words, a family with girls who have already received scholarships can still have up to two boys receive scholarships as well.
Note:- For detailed information, kindly refer to the 'Scholarship Detail Document'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more