Department of Mathematics Post Doctoral Fellowship, IIT Roorkee 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee is inviting applications for Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020 from PhD in Mathematics degree holders. The candidates are expected to work on the project, "Geometric structures in sets with positive upper asymptotic density and in syndetic sets". The selected candidate will receive a consolidated fellowship of up to INR 55,000 per month with a contingency grant of INR 50,000 per annum.
Department of Mathematics Post Doctoral Fellowship, IIT Roorkee 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Hold a PhD in Mathematics
- Have good knowledge of additive combinatorics and combinatorial number theory.
Candidates must -
- Have 1 or 2 years of research experience in the areas related to number theory and combinatorics.
- Have at least two very good publications in SCl/SCIE based journals.
Candidates who have recently submitted their PhD thesis are also eligible to apply for the position. However, they will have to present the proof of award of PhD at the time of interview.
The selected candidate will receive a consolidated fellowship of up to INR 55,000 per month with a contingency grant of INR 50,000 per annum.
- Cover letter
- List of publications
- Research statement
How can you apply?
The application can be done through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read the fellowship details carefully.
Step 2: Include the curriculum vitae, list of publications (with the most significant publications highlighted), and research statement describing past research and plans for future research with the cover letter.
Step 3: Send them all by post or email to -
Professor and Head
Department of Mathematics,
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee -247667 INDIA.
Email: email@example.com (and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application deadline: 15th September 2020
The selection of the candidate will be based on his/her performance in the interview.
Terms and Conditions
- All the postdoctoral fellows will be registered as IIT Roorkee students for availing the facilities of accommodation, hospital, medical insurance scheme, computer centre, library sports, etc. They will also be governed by the leave rules as applicable to the postgraduate students.
- The candidates called for discussion/interview will be paid 2nd AC train fare from their place of residence/work and back by the shortest route within India on production of train/bus tickets.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more