Department of Life Science Junior Research Fellowship, NIT Rourkela 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela invites applications for Department of Life Science Junior Research Fellowship 2020 from postgraduate degree holders. This is a temporary post for the project entitled “Enhanced carbonate precipitation of ureolytic and nitrifying microbe treated rubber wastewater”. The project is for a duration of 3 years. The fellow selected for the position can avail a monthly stipend of up to INR 35,000.
Department of Life Science Junior Research Fellowship, NIT Rourkela 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Hold an MSc in Life Science/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Botany/ Zoology/ Genetics/ Environment Science or related subjects with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on 10 point scale
- Be GATE/NET qualified, OR
- Hold an MTech in Biotechnology/ Environment Engineering/ Chemical Engineering with GATE score
- A stipend of INR 31,000 per month for the first and second year
- A stipend of INR 35,000 per month for the third year (to be revised)
- Bachelors accommodation in the Institute may be provided subject to availability
- Mark sheets
- Qualifying degree certificates
- Grade cards
- Copies of published or unpublished work
- Research papers (if any)
- Experience certificate (if any)
Note: The candidates are required to carry the original documents at the time of the interview.
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply-
Step 1: Visit the link here and read details of the fellowship.
Step 2: Download the application form for the fellowship.
Step 3: Fill in the form with the required details including personal and educational details.
Step 4: Attach a copy of the supporting documents.
Step 5: Submit the application with all supporting documents to -
National Institute of Technology,
Rourkela - 769008
Note: The cover of the application should be super-scribed clearly the post applied for and name of the project.
Application deadline: 31st July 2020
Candidates will be selected on merit and need of the project.
Terms and Conditions
- The project is for 3 years, extendable annually till the completion of the project, subject to satisfactory performance and availability of fund released by sponsoring agencies.
- Mere possession of essential/desirable qualifications and experience does not guarantee selection for the post.
- Having research experience or knowledge in environmental microbiology, bioremediation and microbial genomics and proteomics will be preferred.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more