DBT-Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) in Biotechnology 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
DBT-Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) in Biotechnology 2020 is for the applicants who are pursuing research in frontier areas of biotechnology and life sciences. JRFs will be selected through the Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) according to merit under two categories: Category I & II. The students selected under category-I will be eligible to avail fellowship under this programme.
DBT-Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) in Biotechnology 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have an MSc/ MTech/ MVSc or equivalent degree, OR
- Have an Integrated BS-MS/ BE/ BTech in any discipline of Biotechnology, OR
- Have an MSc/ MTech Bioinformatics/ Computation Biology under DBT supported Postgraduate Teaching Programs, OR
- Have an MSc in Life Science/ Bioscience/ Zoology/ Botany/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biophysics and Masters in Allied areas of Biology/ Life Sciences
- Have obtained a minimum 60% marks (for general & OBC category) and 55% (for SC/ST/PH) in aggregate or equivalent grade
- Be below 28 years of age as on the last date of application
The selected fellows will receive variable awards.
- Recent passport size photograph
- Scanned signature of the applicant
- Date of birth proof
- Qualifying marks certificate
- Category/Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Differently-abled certificate (if applicable)
How can you apply?
The application can be done online with the following steps:
Step 1: Click here to register.
Step 2: Once registered, log in to complete the application.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and upload relevant documents.
Step 4: Pay the application fee.
Step 5: Submit.
Registration start date: 20th April 2020
Registration close: 18th May 2020
BET 2020: 30th June 2020
Display of question paper and answer key on website: 30th June 2020
Last date of accepting representation: 03rd July 2020
Declaration of BET 2020 Results: 20th July 2020
Government of India norms for reservation will be followed for selection. Candidates selected under category-I will be eligible to avail fellowship under the programme.
Terms and Conditions
- For detailed procedure for filling the application form, payment of application fee and uploading of required documents/ certificates in the prescribed format, click here.
- A non-refundable and non-transferable application fee of INR 1000 is payable online by General/ OBC/ EWS candidates and INR 250 by SC/ ST/ Differently abled candidates.
- The candidates will be selected by computer-based, "Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET)".
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination are also eligible to apply.
- Age relaxation of up to 5 years (33 years) for SC/ ST/ Differently Abled/ Women candidates and up to 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates.
- Verification of documents will be carried out for shortlisted candidates.
- The award letter will not be issued to candidates found ineligible or who submit incorrect documents.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more