CSIR Young Scientist Awards 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) invites applications from scientists engaged in the CSIR system in various fields of science and technology for CSIR Young Scientist Awards 2020. The objective of the awards is to promote excellence and recognize outstanding contributions made by the young CSIR scientists for their work done primarily in India during the last 5 years preceding the year of the award. Winners of the award will receive multiple benefits including a research grant of INR 25 lakh over a period of 5 years.
CSIR Young Scientist Awards 2020 DeadlineClosed
The following candidates are eligible:
- The candidate should be less than 35 years old, as reckoned on 26 September (CSIR Foundation Day) of the preceding year.
- The scientists should be engaged in research work in any of the CSIR laboratories/institutes.
- The nominee should be a regular Scientist (as per CSRAP Rules) of the CSIR system and should have joined the CSIR laboratory on or prior to 26 September of the previous year.
Each award consists of:
- A citation (signed by the Director-General, CSIR and the Vice-President, CSIR)
- A cash prize of INR 50,000
- A plaque
- Research grant of INR 25 lakh over a period of 5 years
Note: The research grant is normally to the tune of INR 5 lakhs per annum per CSIR Young Scientist Awardee.
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- Duly filled nomination proforma (original + one copy)
- A CD/DVD/USB flash drive containing:
- A digital photograph (in JPEG format)
- A softcopy of duly filled proforma and reprints (in PDF format)
- A self-attested copy of the certificate of age
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Download or neatly typewrite the application form.
Step 2: Print and fill the form.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents to the application.
Step 4: Send the application form by post to-
Scientist Incharge – SSB YSA Unit
Human Resource Development Group
CSIR Complex, Library Avenue,
Pusa, New Delhi 110 012
- Submission deadline- 31st January 2020
- Presentation of awards- 26th September 2020
The selection of the awardees will be done on the basis of presentations made by them. Each nominee is required to make a brief presentation (15 minutes) about his/her research work before the concerned Advisory Committee. This may be followed by a 5-minute question-answer session/discussion.
Terms and Conditions
- The awards are given annually in the following fields:
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Physical Sciences (including instrumentation)
- Applicants should strictly follow the prescribed format for filling up nomination proforma. Incomplete nomination proforma will not be considered.
- Do not attach any testimonial.
- No nomination will be considered in absentia.
- The awards are given for outstanding contributions made by the Young CSIR scientists on work done primarily in India.
- The award in a specific discipline may be withheld if no candidate of requisite merit is forthcoming in that year.
- The recommendations of the Advisory Committees are subject to approval by the Governing Body of CSIR.
- After the selections, each awardee is required to submit a research project indicating the contingency and equipment grant that would be required by him/her for the pursuit of research as per his/her proposed project.
- Duration of the project may be for 5 years.
- The project should have the approval of the Director/Research Council of the laboratories/institute. The project is to be carried out independently.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more