CSIR Senior Research Fellowships 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Human Resource Development Group of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) invites applications for Senior Research Fellowships 2019 from bright young graduates and postgraduates in various fields of science. The fellowship aims at providing training in the methods of research under the professional guidance of faculty members/scientists who are working in various fields of Science & Technology at Universities/Departments/Institutes of National Importance/National Laboratories and Institutes of CSIR. The fellowship includes a monthly stipend of INR 35,000 and other benefits.
CSIR Senior Research Fellowships 2019 DeadlineClosed
To apply for this fellowship, an applicant must possess any of the below-mentioned qualifications and relevant experience:
- MSc/BE/BTech or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks and one publication in SCI Journal and should have completed at least two years of post-MSc/BE/BTech research experience;
- MTech/ME or equivalent degree in Engineering/Technology with at least 60% marks;
- BE/BTech or equivalent degree with at least 60% marks and two years of research experience as on 26 July 2019;
- MBBS/BDS or equivalent with at least 60% marks and one-year internship;
- BPharm/BVSc/BSc (Ag) or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks and one publication in SCI Journal and should have completed at least three years of research experience;
- MPharm/MVSc/MSc. (Ag) or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks and one publication in SCI Journal and should have at least one year of research experience.
Note: The upper age limitation to apply for the fellowship is 32 years which can be relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST/ Physically handicapped candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
The recipient will be entitled to receive the following benefits under this fellowship -
- A monthly stipend of INR 35,000 during the entire tenure of the fellowship
- Contingency grant of up to INR 20,000 per annum that will be given to the University/Institution
- An extra benefit of INR 3, 000/- (lump sum) on submission of PhD thesis in e-form.
The following documents are required to support the application –
- A detailed description of proposed research topics in about 1000 words
- Self-attested copies of school leaving certificate, mark sheets, degree, proof of PhD registration, NET, GATE, etc.
- Attested copies of documents supporting relevant research experience
- Self-attested copies of published/accepted for publication research papers
- Testimonials from Supervisor/Guide
- Undertaking to resign in case of employed candidates if they receive SRF
- Attestations by the proposed Supervisor/Guide and the Head of the Institute
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the online application portal of CSIR-HRD Group.
Step 2: Go through the instructions carefully and click on 'Fill Up Online Form'.
Step 3: Fill in the application form with the required details and upload all supporting documents.
Step 4: Preview the entries and submit the application form.
Step 5: After successful submission of the application form online, the candidates are required to send the hard copy of the completed application form and other supporting documents to the below-given address before 2 August 2019 -
EMR-I, Human Resource Development Group,
CSIR Complex, Libaray Avenue, Pusa,
New Delhi - 110 012
Application Deadline: 26th July 2019
The selection procedure for the fellowship involves –
- A personal interview
- Assessment of academic record and published/project work tested by discipline-wise high-level expert Committees.
Note: Candidates will be called for the interview after the screening of their applications based on the criteria approved by the CSIR depending upon the number of fellowships offered.
Terms and Conditions
- A candidate can apply for only one subject code.
- The individuals who have applied for the fellowship thrice and were not selected need not to apply.
- There is no application fee applicable to apply for the fellowship.
- Preference will be given to a subject/topic of research pertinent to the research programs of CSIR laboratories and nationally important Science and Technology areas.
- CSIR reserves all the right to select or not select a candidate for the personal interview.
- The recipient will have to accept the award letter within six months after which their selection will automatically get cancelled.
- Request for transfer of fellowship will not be entertained except in certain compelling conditions.
- The stipend of research associate is exempted from the payment of income tax under 10(16) of the IT Act.
For more information, click here
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more