CSIR Innovation Award for School Children (CIASC) 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is inviting applications from young innovative students of India below 18 years of age for CSIR Innovation Award for School Children (CIASC) 2021. In this competition, the students are required to submit their original creative designs and technological project proposals aimed at creating novel and utilitarian solutions of new processes/devices/utilities. Students can submit their entries as innovation proposals and get a chance to secure scholarship awards up to INR 1 lakh for their ideas. This talent-based program also provides students with a chance to avail training-cum-awareness sessions with CSIR officials.
CSIR Innovation Award for School Children (CIASC) 2021 Deadline30-Apr-2021
Students or groups of students who wish to apply for this award must adhere to the following eligibility guidelines. An applicant must:
- Be below the age of 18 years as of 01st January 2021
- Be an Indian citizen enrolled at a recognized Indian school
- Submit only one entry in his/her name including any team submissions (if any)
The CIASC 2021 has announced a total of 15 award prizes for this year’s program:
Rank No. of Award positions Cash Award First prize 1 INR 100,000 Second prize 2 INR 50,000 each Third prize 3 INR 30,000 each Fourth prize 4 INR 20,000 each Fifth prize 5 INR 10,000 each
Note: The CSIR reserves the rights to disburse some or all the prizes announced under this program.
Following documents are mandatory for CIASC-2021 application:-
- Innovation idea proposal (Hindi/English): not more than 5,000 words
- Personal details information: Separate page containing the following details:-
- Title of the innovation
- Name and date of birth of the applicant
- School address and residential address
- Current class/grade
- Telephone no. (Residence/School)
- Email address
- Authentication Letter: Signed by school principal verifying applicants enrolment at the school and approval for participation
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the award:
Step 1: Prepare an innovation proposal in English/Hindi (not more than 5,000 words).
Step 2: Enclose it in an envelope along with an authentication letter from the school principal.
Step 3: Also include other necessary documents.
Step 4: Seal and mark the envelope on the top left corner as ‘CIASC-2021’.
Step 5: Post the sealed envelope to the address below:
Head, CSIR-Innovation Protection Unit
NISCAIR Building, 3rd Floor,
14-Satsang Vihar Marg
New Delhi-110067, India
- Last date of application: 30th April 2021
- Award announcement: 26th September 2021
Shortlisted students will be provided with a training-cum-awareness program for IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) by Innovation Protection Unit- IPU of CSIR. Final selections will be made after this training.
Terms and Conditions
- The entries of innovation pertaining to ‘Design Ideas’ would be preferred, however other ideas with high innovative value are also invited.
- CSIR reserves the rights of award distribution based on the quality of entries received. It is not mandatory that all 15 announced prize levels will be distributed.
- The proposal already awarded by any Central/State government/ Ministry/ Department/Organization need not be sent for this scheme.
- The proposal(s) would be categorized into groups such as Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Electronics & Engineering/device and design. However, design-based applications are encouraged.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more